Key Lime Pie Protein Smoothie

Last night I had such a nice evening with my friend Laurel. She lives in Orlando, so we planned to meet halfway between our respective towns in Leesburg for dinner at Stavro’s Pizza Kitchen.

We didn’t know much about the place other than what we read about it on UrbanSpoon.com, so we had to laugh when we walked in and were the two youngest people in the restaurant by what seemed like a good 50 years.

The good news is that the older adults dining in the restaurant clearly know good food because we both loved our meals.

I ordered a small vegetarian pizza and ate all but one slice!

key lime protein shake 005

It wasn’t overly greasy and crust was doughy without being too thick. I was a fan!

While the pizza was tasty, talking with Laurel was easily the highlight of my night. She was my roommate throughout college (and a bridesmaid in our wedding) and I miss spending so much time with her.

Workout

After 20 minutes on the elliptical, I hopped off to tackle the following arm workout:

arm workout
Pin It

It was a doozie! Smile

I liked hopping around and tackling different muscles. It kept me interested and working hard.

After I was done, I had a good time watching Ryan play around on the new rings that were just installed at our gym.

key lime protein shake 007

You would think our gym just installed a new water park or something by the way the guys were acting about these rings. They’re a bunch of little kids at heart and couldn’t wait to play!

When I sat down to blog this morning, all I wanted to do was share this recipe with you guys. It is a winner!

key lime protein shake 008

For breakfast this morning I wanted a smoothie, but decided to get a little creative with the flavor and made myself a key lime pie protein smoothie.

Into the blender went:

• 1/2 cup 2 percent milk
  • 1 container Oikos key lime Greek yogurt
  • 1 1/2 frozen bananas
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder

key lime protein shake 009
Pin It

Oh my gosh, it was so good… like dessert in a cup!

I also had a hot cup of peppermint crème coffee on the side to warm my belly.

key lime protein shake 010

Off to exercise the pup! See ya after lunch!

Comments

so glad you had a nice evening with laurel! i wish my college roomie/best friend lived closer… i miss seeing her all the time too. it’s weird going from seeing her every single day and getting to spend so much time with her to seeing her only a couple times a year now. thank goodness for the phone and internet!

and wow, your key lim pie protein smoothie sounds SO GOOD! definitely giving that a try as soon as i get my hands on some key lime oikos!

2. Laurel says

I miss you too sister friend. Every time we see each other I realize how much I do. Next time I think we should just see if the local old folks home will let us dine in their cafeteria :) Love ya pbfingers! Have a great weekend!xoxo

Birthday Cruise 2012!!!!!!

3. Jenn says

I am soooo clueless when it comes to strength training! This morning’s workout def looks like one I could follow though! I actually just added it to Pinterest for future reference!!

That pizza looks great, as does the smoothie! Julie, what program do you use to create your workouts on the blog… I mean is there something specific you use to display them? I want to be able to on my blog as well :)

Julie! weren’t you a little worried that Ryan’s arms were gunna pop off up there on those rings?!?!? yike! ps. if someone could win the giveaway just by WANTING it so badly, it’d be me :D so happy your getting lulumon perks now, Julie!!!!!!

6. Elizabeth says

What do you use for protein powder and where do you buy it? I am wanting to incorporate it into my diet but I am not sure what is good.

7. Marcy says

This is post is so funny because I just got off the phone with my parents who were headed to Leesburg to pick something up. I am in Canada and they are snowbirds in The Villages and them talking about Leesburg meant nothing to me and then I read your post! Clearly, most of the diners at the restaurant live in The Villages too ;)

My class schedule changes to 7am this month and I was thinking of protein smoothie breakfasts, I know what I’m making Monday! I just so happen to have key lime yogurt! I think I’ll even add a few graham crackers! Great idea!!

LEESBURG! My husband is from there, born and raised! Stavros is def a favorite around there! If y’all ever meet up half way like that again, go to Taki’s at The Villages. Best food in town! <3

10. Lisa says

That smoothie sounds delicious!! Have you ever substituted cottage cheese for the greek yogurt? I did one day out desperation, and ended up with one of the creamiest smoothies ever! Now it is all I use. About 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup+a splash more Silk Coconut milk, strawberries, and chocolate protein powder, blend until all the chunkies are gone and it tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry milkshake. mmmm!

11. Sam says

Key Lime Pie Protein Smoothie! This may be your best idea yet! Going to have to go to the gym this afternoon, so I have an excuse to try this out!

12. Lindsey says

Ahh! I haven’t seen the new rings yet?! Beau will be stoked about these! And that smoothie looks delish! I don’t know if you have ever had key lime pie ice cream from bruster’s, but if you haven’t, you should! mmmazing lol random side note. ;)

13. Hailey says

Love your blog! You have such great recipes. I can’t wait to make this key lime pie protein smoothie! :) :) Thank you for all the great ideas