Travel Workouts

If you have a vacation on the books or travel a lot for work and don’t have access to a gym, have no fear! You can still sneak in a quality workout right in your hotel room. No equipment required!

Travel Workouts! No equipment needed!

The following workouts were previously featured on this blog over the past year or two, but since I receive a lot of requests for travel or living room workouts that don’t require equipment, I figured it might be nice to have them all in one place.

Though these workouts don’t require any fancy gym equipment, they’re still sure to make you sweat!

Enjoy!

Legs   Cardio Circuit Workout

Outdoor Workout

Cardio and Abs Circuit Workout

Jump Rope Lower Body Workout

Can't Stop Won't Stop Circuit Workout

Heart Pounding Cardio Workout

Question of the Day

• Do you work out on vacation? If so, what is your favorite way to exercise on vacation?

I have a pretty laid back attitude about working out on vacation. Though walking around and sightseeing in a new area is my favorite way to stay active on vacation, my favorite vacation work out is definitely running. It’s a great way to explore a new place and I’ve had some of my best runs on vacation!

Comments

Oh one legged burpees? Eeeeek!!!! :)

I do workout whenever I travel. I usually pack a resistance band with the door attachment – easy way to get a resistance workout in a hotel room. Plus, you can run anywhere! :)

I always try to get whatever exercise I can while on vacation. We always do tons of walking around, exploring, while on vacation but sometimes it’s not enough. Hotel room workouts are easy and can be done first thing in the morning so you don’t have to worry about it during the day.

I find it sooooo hard to workout on vacation. I like the idea of hotel room workouts because, as one other person commented, you can get it out of the way in the morning and not worry about it. I like it in theory, but on vacation it doesn’t always happen that way!! But…since I really don’t like going to hotel gyms I will keep these room workouts handy. Running is great in a new place but funnily enough I seem to slow down (sometimes to a walk) to see something new and interesting! I’m not the world’s greatest runner.

4. Alison says

I already had a bunch of year saved onto my phone because I love your workouts! My favorite is the Can’t Stop Won’t Stop, that thing is intense! And I actually just did the cardio and abs workout yesterday because I was short on time. It was another short and sweaty one! :)

I definitely try to get at least one run in on vacation. Not so much for the exercise aspect, but to experience a new place by myself for 30 minutes or so. I love having that time to think and take things in that you may not even pay attention to in a group.

Great post, so many people drop their fitness routines just because they are traveling! Body weight workouts are awesome, even when not traveling : ) My favorite way to workout when traveling is to go on a run just for the purpose of exploring a new place.

7. Jules says

Your jump rope and lower body circuit is my absolute favorite! I do 2x a week and am always sore for days (in the good way that lets you know you worked!)

We usually get plenty of walking in on vacation so that always counts towards exercise, but I’m with you and I fit it in when I can- if they’re group exercise classes then I’m more likely too. I find just exercising sometimes very de-motivating. The gym atmosphere helps me so much.

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
    Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do
    it for you? Plz reply as I’m looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. many thanks

These are a nice little set of info graphics, i am a massive fan of body-weight workouts and calisthenics, a local park, climbing frame or the outdoors are the only things in life you need to get in good shape :)

For those people on a spending budget a home gym installation is the
    perfect answer. Not only do you actually save a great deal of
    money but additionally, you get to spend more moments with your friends and family.
    In order to ensure being successful you’ll want to obtain the correct exercise equipment and set a timeline for your exercise sessions with home gym exercises

• Bridgitt says

I think it’s definitely a great idea to bring sneakers, a jump rope, resistance bands,and a swimsuit and goggles or to rent bikes and to go around the trails or town that way, or to take the opportunity to go scuba diving, hiking, or horseback riding, and to sign up for lessons for something you might have always wanted to explore. Or to bring workout dvds with you and to put them in the laptop, go running on the beach or powerwalking, swim in the pool, etc.