Cinnamon Peanut Butter Popcorn

This morning I hope to make my fellow peanut butter lovers out there smile.

I have a recipe to share with you that is ridiculously simple and unbelievably tasty. And addicting. You’ve been warned!

The good news? You probably already have all of the ingredients that you’ll need to make this snack in your pantry.

Peanut Butter Popcorn Ingredients

Popcorn. Cinnamon. Honey. Peanut butter. That’s it!

Last night I had a serious peanut butter craving (shocking!) and started playing around in the kitchen after dinner. The end result was this cinnamon peanut butter popcorn!

Cinnamon Peanut Butter Popcorn

After one bite, I knew Ryan and I would have no trouble polishing off every last kernel while we watched The Big Bang Theory.

Peanut Butter Popcorn

Any other Big Bang Theory fans out there? Ryan and I borrowed a few seasons of the show on DVD from our friends and we are hooked.

Big Bang Theory

Sheldon cracks me up!

Ryan and I discovered the show a couple of months ago and are slowly catching up. We had the show on in the background when we were brushing our teeth one night when we were in Ireland and we both kept laughing so many times that we ended up watching two episodes!

And this blew my mind: Leonard is Rusty Griswold from Christmas Vacation! What!?!?

Johnny Galecki Rusty Griswold Leonard

I know.

Clearly I haven’t kept up with Johnny Galecki’s career since Christmas Vacation. Shocking!

Anyway, the popcorn…

It was so, so easy to make and incredibly delicious. I ended up making a second batch and put it in Tupperware to bring to work with me today. (This post will actually be published while I’m at work. I’m working the early shift today. 4:30 a.m. = Brutal.)

The idea for this popcorn came from Becca who commented on an Instagram photo I posted of almond butter. She said she likes to drizzle the nut butter over popcorn and when I read that my mouth started watering and I knew I had to give it a go… with a little twist!

I tossed a bag of natural popcorn in a sweet and salty mix of peanut butter, honey and cinnamon and couldn’t get enough!

Peanut Butter Popcorn with Cinnamon

Cinnamon Peanut Butter Popcorn

Ingredients

• 1 bag natural popcorn, freshly popped
  • 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions

1. Combine peanut butter, cinnamon and honey in a large bowl. Stir together and microwave until slightly runny, about 30 seconds.
  2. Pour popcorn on top of peanut butter mixture and toss to coat.
  3. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!

Cinnamon PeanutButter Popcorn

Ryan and I ended up throwing a handful of chopped pecans in the mix after I was done photographing the popcorn and I loved the added flavor. I highly recommend adding a handful or two of your favorite nuts, dried cranberries or butterscotch chips to the popcorn. The possibilities for add-ins are endless, but it’s quite good without any help!

Enjoy!

Comments

I love The Big Bang Theory! Sheldon is hands down my favorite, but I can’t help but laugh at every episode, it’s wonderful! That popcorn looks delicious too! I usually stick to kettle corn because I’m not a big buttery popcorn person (WHO AM I?) but this sounds like such an AWESOME alternative to regular boring popcorn :) thanks!!

2. JessicaR says

I love, love, love The Big Bang Theory! I watch re-runs on TBS. It’s one show that I haven’t bothered to watch in order, but it doesn’t seem to matter that much. I had no idea Johnny Galecki was in Christmas Vacation. I always remember him as David from Roseanne. Some might disagree, but I think he grew up to be quite the hottie 😉

Hahaha I LOVE big bang theory! I only recently got into it though so i’m catching up on all the old ones too. It plays an hour of re-runs on a random channel every week night, so i watch it whenever i have time after work. i had no idea leonard was a griswold!!

and as if i didnt have a big enough addiction to popcorn, in comes this amazing recipe. cant wait :)

Joohnny Galecki played Darlene’s boyfriend on Roseanne. Both Sarah Gilbert (Darlene) and Laurie Metcaff (Jackie) have small roles on The Big Bang Theory.
    I love the episodes where Leonard’s mother comes to visit.

Definitely going to make this tonight. Looks delish! I never would have thought to add honey, but I can’t wait. It seems like the perfect dorm room snack!

That sounds right up my alley. I have a half bag of popcorn kernels just begging to be put to good use! And is that Publix brand PB good? I buy Kroger natural, and honestly, I think it’s better than JIF or any other name brand.

• Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers says

It’s okay… It is a little too runny for me, but that made it perfect for this recipe!

7. Katie says

I LOVE Big Bang Theory! Amy Farrah Fowler is by far my favorite! She has me in tears laughing so hard every single time. :) I can’t wait for tonight’s episode!!!

The Big Bang Theory is one of my favorite shows! I’m kind of obsessed with Jim Parsons.

Definitely pinning this recipe to enjoy for a movie night. It looks SO good. I’ve never had any kind of nut butter on top of popcorn before, but popcorn is delicious, and nut butter is delicious, so how could it go wrong? :)

I love sweet and salty food combos. Last night I had popcorn while my fiance and I watched The Shining (so scary). I had a mix of cheddar popcorn and kettle corn to meet my need for both flavors.

10. Cathryn says

That looks delish! I will definitely make for Friday movie night at our house! I have to admit, I did not love Big Bang at first…but now my fiance’ and I cannot get enough of it. It is probably one of the funniest shows on TV right now.

Omg I had no idea he was the kid in that movie! He looks so different as an adult. I’m a huge big bang theory watcher. If you’re just starting out the series, his costar from Rosanne joins the cast for some episodes too. Sheldon is just beyond funny!

So The Big Bang Theory is one of our favorites and we watch re-runs of it all the time…I had no idea that Johnny Galecki was Rusty from National Lampoon’s until one night my Andy looks at me and says, “You know who that is right?” My mind=blown!

That popcorn sounds wonderful :)

13. Heather says

I am working at home today and was craving a mid-morning snack when I read your post. I went right into the kitchen and made this popcorn. Delicious! It was exactly what I was craving. Thanks for sharing :)

That sounds so delicious! I’ve never experimented too much with different popcorn flavors. I’m always been more of a kettle corn type of girl, but I think that’s about to change ;).

When you work the 4:30 a.m shift are you training clients or just working the gym? Crazy hours!

oh my gosh I am drooling just reading this! I have a bag of popcorn for lunch with me at work and I wish I had the rest of the ingredients at the office with me! We love the Big Bang Theory, sometimes I feel like I am on it when my fiance has his guy friends over!

When I saw this on Instagram last night, I was so hoping you would share the recipe! The Big Bang Theory is the funniest show on television. No matter how many times I’ve seen a particular episode, I always crack up!

That popcorn sounds incredible! I’m not much of a fan of microwave popcorn so I don’t eat popcorn much, but man…this would be worth trying to figure out how to make popcorn on the stove for. So many of my favorite ingredients all mixed up in one thing!

Big Bang is honestly probably my current favorite TV show (at least until next week when So You Think You Can Dance comes back on 😉 ). It’s the only show that I actually make a conscious effort to catch each week. It’s so nerdy and funny, and I just love it.

18. Jillienne says

I can’t wait to try out this peanut butter popcorn. It looks amazing! LOVE The Big Bang Theory. I work at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (managed by Cal Tech). One of the engineers here look exactly like Sheldon! It’s also funny to see how similar scientists are to the characters of The Big Bang Theory. Anyways… I just started following your blog and love it!

19. Jenna says

I make a variation of peanut butter popcorn, but instead of using traditional peanut butter, I use the PB2 powdered peanut butter mixed with honey and pumpkin pie spice. The mixture isn’t quite as sticky, and tastes absolutely amazing! I’m going to have to try it with the traditional peanut butter though. I bet this recipe would make awesome popcorn balls!

Thanks for sharing!

I love popcorn and the Big Bang Theory! haha Perfect night to me! I’m not a peanut butter fan (I know, so unheard of!) but I know plenty of others who would enjoy this! I am gonna make it for them :) I might make some without peanut butter for myself 😉

The Big Bang Theory could almost be my life- minus all the grown up collectors toys. My husband is a scientist- white lab coat (when necessary), white boards everywhere, a bunch of equations.. We are huge BBT fans. Sheldon is my favorite too!

OMG….My boyfriend and I suffered the same crazy obsession with Big Bang a couple months ago also!!! Seriously, we had to go buy every season. Now…we are a little depressed because we finished it all but the reruns are still better then anything out there…lol.

oh wow, does that look amazing!! I will be trying it tonight while I watch my guilty pleasure show, The Vampire Diaries. :)

Is the popcorn sticky? I would imagine so with the PB and honey, but maybe it hardens like caramel corn?

We used to watch The Big Bang Theory but for whatever reason stopped watching it. But now I want to re-watch all the old seasons and get caught up!

The Big Band Theory is awesome. One of my roommates from a few years back always had it on and, like you, I kind of just saw it in passing. The one-liners really drew me in! It’s a fun show to watch.
    And peanut butter is also awesome.

25. Liz says

Love Big Bang Theory! What blows my mind even more is that the actress who plays Sheldon’s girlfriend Amy, Mayim Bialik, is BLOSSOM! I think you are about the same age as me so hopefully you remember Blossom or else I feel really old :) I about died when I realized it was her!

Great recipe, thanks for sharing!

I LOVE the Big Bang Theory! I used to roll my eyes whenever my family would watch it, but the more I watched the more I started to like it. I’m completely hooked now! Just waiting to rent the first 7 seasons :)

I saw this on Instagram last night and started drooling. This sounds SO good and easy!! I love the pre-made popcorns with the chocolate drizzle so I’m sure this is just as good!

About 10 years ago my peanut butter obsessed friend created something like this using microwaveable kettle corn. Because of the sweetness of the kettle corn she just added peanut butter. Fast forward to today when I get seriously freaked out about all the chemicals in microwaveable popcorn and solely use an air popper. This is a great reminder that I can still make this tasty treat with all natural ingredients.

29. Danielle says

How funny! I’ve read your blog for quite a while. I was surprised when my sister, Becca, told me she was mentioned on your morning post. Becca is a fellow but butter lover… As am I! Becca knows how to have a fun loving dessert eating time.

• Danielle says

That was an inconvenient typo. I said “but butter” instead of nut butter. In my defense I have a 5.5 week old baby, which means I’m sleep deprived and doing everything one handed.

30. Ellee says

I am a HUGE fan of The Big Bang Theory!! Its hilarious. Sheldon might be the best character on TV. Its like Friends with scientists, haha. I want to watch it from the very beginning but I can’t seem to find it streaming on anything (Netflix, etc.). Might just have to break down and get the DVDs.

I absolutely love Big Bang Theory! I tried to hate it at first but it slowly became my guilty pleasure. I even converted my non-science boyfriend into loving it as well!

32. christine says

I am a new reader of your blog and I’m already hooked. You’re so beautiful and I love reading your posts. This popcorn looks delicious.

I have an air popper and was curious how many cups the bagged popcorn makes? I want to make sure I get the correct ratio with my bulk kernels.

Thanks!

33. april says

mmm, peanut butter popcorn looks ridiculously delicious. i’ve had the biggest craving for popcorn lately – i need to run to the store to buy some kernels!

the big bang theory is my favorite show! i also got hooked on it while on vacation last summer – it was one of the only tv shows in english on a random mexican channel in cabo!.

34. Anne says

Big Bang Theory is so great! Especially once Bernadette and Amy joined the cast. Plus, nerdy engineers like myself enjoy the science parts. Mayim Bialik (who plays Amy) has a PhD in Neuroscience, so she helps everyone out with the big words.

35. Jenn F. says

I LOVE the Big Bang Theory, Sheldon cracks me up and the episode where Amy gets a tiara is my all time fave! I can’t wait to try peanut butter on popcorn, I usually toss mine with grated parmesan and fresh pepper or hot sauce. So fun experimenting with flavors :)

Wow…I definitely have to give this popcorn a try! I know my husband and I would love…we’re both huge PB fans! :-)

The Big Bang Theory is an awesome show! We watch it all the time. It’s soooo funny!

My husband and I like all sorts of flavors on our popcorn, but we usually go for salty, cheesy, tangy, or spicy. We haven’t tried sweet yet, but I think that’s going to change this weekend – this looks/sounds so delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. 😀

38. Amy D says

That popcorn WILL be made! Oh, and as for Johnny Galecki, I just always think of him as that guy that married Darlene from the Roseanne sitcom. Used to love that show growing up!

Holy crap this sounds insane! I need to try it ASAP. Also I hear such good things about the big bang theory but just haven’t gotten around to giving it a try for some reason.

Cinnamon and peanut butter…two of the biggest food loves of my life!!! I through a small tub of cinnamon a week and a jar of PB without fail! Such a big bang theory fan – sitting here watching it as I type! Sheldon totally makes the show!

I love The Big Bang Theory! It’s funny because Leonard also played David on Roseanne and Darlene and Jackie from Roseanne are also on The Big Bang Theory! And we can’t forget about Blossom! Amy is hilarious!

42. cat says

Johnny Galecki is also in a few episodes of Blossom. I found that funny since she is Sheldon’s ‘girlfriend’ in the later seasons. Full circle! PS. This popcorn is going to be our grey’s anatomy snack tonight!

OMG Leonard is Rusty?! Rusty is Leonard?? Mind BLOWN.

Yes–huge big bang theory fan over here, but I’ve never watched it from beginning to end either I should really borrow some DVDs one of these days! And that popcorn. I need it in my life. My roommate makes the best popcorn from scratch, I’m making it my mission tonight to convince her to do this for me! haha

44. Katelyn says

I immediately came home to try this but whenever I microwave the mixture, it doesn’t get runny but crumbly and burnt :(

Help! What am I doing wrong??

• says

burnt!? really!? maybe reduce the time you microwave the pb for? also, my peanut butter was really runny, so you may need to add more honey if your peanut butter isn’t naturally very runny. i’m sorry it didn’t turn out well!

• says

It’s okay, not your fault! I tried less time in the microwave and also on the stove top. For some reason I couldn’t get the timing right and it crumbled up like when you try to melt chocolate chips too long. My PB is really runny too so I ended up just drizzling some on top of my popcorn then the honey then the cinnamon. Same effect I guess, although not as pretty as yours! Thanks for the flavor combo :)

As much as I hate to admit it, my hubs and I loooove Big Bang theory! We thought it was incredibly dumb the first time we watched it, but since its always on tv, we gave it a couple more chances and now were hooked. Doh! Howard’s pick up lines are my fave. And I love Amy Farrah fowler hehe. Can’t wait to try that popcorn!!!

Yum! Sounds great! I have drizzled PB in my popcorn before, but I bet it is especially good with the cinnamon and honey mixture! Another great add in is dark chocolate chips. The chocolate melts on the warm popcorn – its to die for! Also my boyfriend and I watch Big Bang together all the time. We have it on our DVR so if there is nothing on we want to watch, we’re just like ‘Sheldon?’ Yes please!

47. Whitney says

We have a popcorn place in town and they offer over 150 favors!!! Talk about variety! Everything from Reese’s to BBQ to strawberry! Hubs and I can’t get enough. :)

Well this looks amazing! I know what I’m having for dessert after our homemade tuna tartare! I’m just catching up on blogs after being in Mexico for the past week and I must say you have posted some delicious recipes over the past couple days! That meatloaf looks amazing too! I wonder if you could do it in muffin tins for an easy, on-the-go lunch at work?

Also – The Big Bang Theory – I honestly think I laugh ALMOST as hard as I do while watching Friends re-runs.

49. Irina S. says

Well, now I know what I’m having for dinner!
    One time, I made a gallon-sized Ziploc bag full of plain popcorn mixed with almond butter and coconut flakes to take on a movie date I was going to immediately after a CrossFit class. No shame.

50. Taylor says

I’m a fellow peanut butter lover as well. Just wondering, have you ever tried sunflower seed butter? It’s currently my new obsession. So creamy and tummy!

51. Melissa S. says

I made a batch with almond butter tonight. It is SO addictive! Needless to say… It’s gone! Thank you for sharing the recipe.
    Also, you get bonus points for liking BigBang Theory. It’s one of our fav’s.

52. Clara says

looks yummy!!!!
    I absolutely ADORE Big Bang Theory! It was the same for me. I had it on in the background and at some point realised just how good it is! It’s the only show I watch that actually makes me laugh out loud!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!

When yοu have the Vileԁa cleaner, οr any type of kind
    of long-threaded cleaner; іf you’re within absolute luck. This will certainly heƖp you disengage your lavatory better іn comparison to simpƖy using your own usual reliable outdateԁ plunger.

54. Mackenzie says

Julie–love this! I know using silverware with popcorn is probably a crime, but I totally ate mine with a spoon so I could dig in sans messy fingers.