Day three with our brand new Vitamix is upon us and you know what that means… Another blended breakfast!
When I started to think about what I wanted for breakfast, only one thing came to mind. Chocolate. Now, how can I eat a big chocolaty breakfast and still call it nutritious?
Smoothie time! I decided to veer from my typical smoothie concoction and instead make a thick and delicious bowl of chocolate fun!
Into the mix:
- 1/2 can pumpkin, frozen (refrigerated pumpkin would also work)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 heaping spoonful dark chocolate cocoa powder
- Almond milk (just enough to get everything moving in the blender)
- 2 pinches xanthan gum (for thickening)
The result was a cold and creamy bowl of chocolate!
I could barely taste the pumpkin and loved the chocolate flavor. Craving successfully satisfied!
I now have a hyperactive dog who needs some exercise to entertain. Catcha lata!