Fresh cilantro, lime juice and garlic come together to create a tangy, citrusy, summery marinade for perfectly pinky-orange grilled shrimp in this recipe for cilantro lime grilled shrimp.
Grilling season is in full swing and I may be in the minority but when it comes to go-to “grill food” you’ll find me opting for seafood over burgers and hot dogs every day of the week.
Don’t get me wrong, I still love a good burger or a bratwurst loaded up with all the fixings but, when given the choice, I’ll reach for grilled scallops, maple ginger grilled salmon and cilantro lime grilled shrimp every time. I’m a seafood lover through and through and when the seafood is easy to make and comes together in less than an hour with minimal effort, I’m an even bigger fan!
The recipe I’m sharing with you guys today falls in line with the kind of recipes I prefer to share most often on this blog. It’s made with simple ingredients and you don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen to make it. If you can handle waiting 30 minutes for shrimp to marinate, you’ll be good to go on this one!
To make this recipe for cilantro lime grilled shrimp, you’ll need the following:
- Shrimp: I prefer jumbo shrimp always but especially for this recipe as they’re easier to thread onto a skewer and hold up well on the grill.
- Lime juice: You have fresh lime juice to thank for the tangy, zesty flavor in this marinade.
- Cilantro: Team cilantro all the way! Vibrant and green, this fresh herb is the backbone of this dish.
- Garlic: Because where would any of us be without garlic!?
- Salt, Pepper and Cumin: Spice up your liiife!
Once you have the marinade whipped up, you’ll toss your shrimp in it and make sure they’re all completely coated before covering the shrimp and refrigerating for 30-90 minutes (no more)!
From there it’s GRILL TIME, babyyy!
I love this recipe served on top of fluffy white rice but it’s also a favorite of mine served chilled for lunch the next day. It makes a great appetizer, salad topper, entrée you name it! It’s a versatile recipe I can’t get enough of, especially in the summer months. I hope you love it!
Cilantro Lime Grilled ShrimpPrint
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 extra large bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine shrimp and remaining ingredients in a large bowl or bag and mix well, ensuring all ingredients are mixed together and completely coating the shrimp.
- Refrigerate shrimp in the marinade for at least 30 minutes but no more than 90 minutes. (Marinating the shrimp for a longer period of time may cause the lime juice in this recipe to soften the shrimp and break them down.)
- Heat grill (or a grill pan) over medium-high heat.
- Pierce the shrimp with skewers and grill for 5 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the shrimp are fully cooked, pinkish-orange and firm.
- Remove from grill, allow to briefly cool and enjoy!
Keywords: cilantro shrimp, grilled shrimp, cilantro grilled shrimp, cilantro lime grilled shrimp, cilantro lime shrimp, shrimp, shrimp recipes, seafood recipes