When it comes to side dishes I cannot help but gobble up, cucumber salad is one I continually find irresistible. Every time I make it I am left thinking, “Why do I not make this more often!?” It’s flavorful, crisp, cool, refreshing and pairs so well with so many entrees. Maple ginger salmon? Yes! Thai peanut chicken thighs? Of course. Poke bowls? The best!
The cucumber salad recipe I’m sharing today is actually the side dish you guys were eyeing in my Thai peanut chicken thighs! After receiving multiple DMs on Instagram requesting the recipe for this cucumber salad, I’m here to deliver today!
Though we love this sesame cucumber salad on the side of many entrees, it’s also fantastic in bento bowls and poke bowls. Place the cucumber salad on top of brown rice, throw in some crushed seaweed snacks and add in a few perfectly rare slices of everything bagel seared tuna and you have yourself a meal I could truly eat every single day of my life. So good!!
Here’s what you need to make this sesame cucumber salad:
- English cucumbers: English cucumbers > Regular cucumbers!
- Sesame chili oil (or a combination of toasted sesame oil and chili oil): You can find this at Trader Joe’s or easily make your own!
- Rice vinegar: For a little punch of acidity.
- Lime juice: Freshly squeezed and perfectly tart!
- Garlic cloves: The more the merrier.
- Green onions: For a beautifully green zing!
- Peanuts: To add the perfect salty crunch.
- Cilantro: I’m 100% Team Cilantro but if you’re not this may be omitted!
If you give this recipe a try, I’d love to know what you think! Enjoy, my friends!
Sesame Cucumber SaladPrint
Sesame Cucumber Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: side dish, vegetarian, salads
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame chili oil (you may find this at Trader Joe’s) or 1/2 tablespoon chili oil + 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 3 English cucumbers (seedless), sliced
- Salt, to taste
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Whisk together the rice vinegar, oil(s), lime juice, and garlic or shake up everything in a jar.
- Add the cucumber slices to a large bowl along with a couple pinches of salt.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumber slices and toss.
- Sprinkle in the green onions, chopped peanuts and cilantro.
- Give the salad another toss to combine.
- Drizzle more oil over the top of the salad if desired. Enjoy!
Keywords: cucumber salad, sesame cucumber salad, salad
We love this recipe with…
Leave a Reply