My work day kicked off at 9 a.m. when I taught a sweaty indoor cycling class. We had a great group today and the class flew by which is always a good sign! I also took some time to create a new workout playlist for today’s class and wanted to share it with those of you who may be on the lookout for new workout music like I always am!
Links to all of the songs:
- Melanie Amaro – Don’t Fail Me Now
- Mark Ronson (feat. Bruno Mars) – Uptown Funk
- Destiny’s Child – No, No, No <— Still just as in love with this song as I was back in the ‘90s
- Steve Aoki (feat. Kid Ink) – Delirious (Boneless)
- Power Music Workout – Everytime We Touch (Tabata 1)
- Ella Henderson – Ghost
- The Spencer Davis Group – Gimme Some Lovin’ <— Awesome throwback!
- Sheppard – Geronimo
- Kiesza – Hideaway
- Manian – Ravers In The UK
- Andy Grammer – Honey I’m Good
- Evanescence – Bring Me To Life
- B.o.B (feat. Rivers Cuomo) – Magic <—I really wanted to include the finale version from Pitch Perfect, but decided against it… Boo.
- Pitbull (feat. Ke$ha) – Timber
- Matisyahu – One Day <— Such a great recovery ride song!
- Glee Cast – Shake It Out
This playlist has lot of energetic music thrown in, as well as some lovely cool-down tunes and even a tabata workout song that was a big-time hit with my class. They are now requesting tabata music in nearly every class!
After cycling, I worked for a little while up until a coworker invited me along on a lunchtime bagel run. A freshly baked bagel with cream cheese sounded much more appealing than the lunch I packed, so I was all in.
I ordered a toasted Asiago bagel with veggie cream cheese. It sat rather heavy in my stomach at first but then I found myself feeling pretty hungry less than two hours later. Bagels are so delicious but not the most satisfying!
Luckily, after a few more hours of work, I had a chance to run home to let Sadie out later this afternoon and heated up a bowl of leftover chili (topped with a sprinkle of mozzarella) for a second mini lunch.
Now I am heading back into the gym for another couple hours of work (lots of back and forth today, huh?)… And you better believe I’m already day dreaming about dinner (and hopefully a mini Homeland marathon) later tonight.
Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!