I skipped my morning workout today in favor of an extra 1.5 hours of sleep. Waking up at 6:30 a.m. when the sun is actually out sure does make getting out of bed a bit easier!
I’m hoping to take an hour break around lunchtime to sneak in a workout and think a Piloxing class may be on the agenda.
I wanted only one thing for breakfast this morning.
A cheesy egg sandwich!
Two fried eggs + Gouda cheese + Raspberry jelly
Morning Computer Routine
As I sat down at my computer this morning, I realized I follow nearly the exact same morning computer routine day in and day out. I find the way people go about the mundane things in their lives oddly amusing, so feel free to play along and detail your morning computer routine in the comments section!
- Pandora: Pandora is always my first stop. I need some music to get me in the “work zone” and listening to my favorite Pandora stations pump me up and energize me. (I am seriously loving the Destiny’s Child Pandora station lately. Bills, Bills, Bills!)
- Gmail: I give my inbox a quick once-over. I generally just delete spam emails and press releases that don’t relate to my blog upon first glance and will read any emails that look particularly pressing. I will also respond to any emails about freelance work at this time.
- Picasa: Time to upload and edit morning breakfast photos! I use Picasa (it’s free!) for all of my photo editing and do this before I start my morning blog post. (I go into more detail about blog photography and photo editing in this post.)
- Windows Live Writer: The best blogging tool in the world! Time to write and publish my morning blog post! This is also when I catch up on blog comments I may have missed from the night before.
- Hootsuite + Google Reader: I use Hootsuite to manage my Twitter account and hop on over to the site to check Twitter after my blog post is published and chat with you fine people! I’ll also check Google Reader at this time and catch up on my favorite blogs.
- Microsoft Word: I usually sit down at my computer around 7 a.m., so by now it’s usually right around 8:30 a.m. and time to work on freelance assignments!
Questions of the Morning
- What does your morning computer routine look like?
- What is the first website you visit?