Have you been in this position? You want something sweet, and you have a craving for peanut butter. But you aren’t in the mood to bake, so cookies or a time-consuming recipe are out.
No bake peanut butter bars to the rescue!
When I don’t feel like spending too much time in the kitchen, no bake recipes are the way to go.
I threw together this creation in five minutes by combining crunchy peanut butter, sweet honey, crispy bran flakes, chewy oats, cinnamon and protein-packed chia seeds. Truthfully, I thought it was a rather random combination that might not turn out too well, but both Ryan and I thought these no bake peanut butter bars were surprisingly delicious.
- ¼ cup + ½ tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup oats
- 1 cup bran flakes cereal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Combine ¼ cup honey, peanut butter and vanilla in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for approximately 20 seconds. Add cinnamon and stir together.
- Add oats, bran cereal and chia seeds to peanut butter honey mixture and stir until everything is combined and sticky “dough” forms.
- If mixture is not sticking together well, add additional ½ tablespoon of honey and stir.
- Press mixture into a shallow pan and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (or overnight).
- Slice into bars and enjoy!
Do you have any favorite no-bake recipes I must try? Feel free to share a link to your favorite no-bake recipe below!