I decided to incorporate pumpkin into my high protein breakfast quinoa for a little fall flavor.
The pumpkin and banana I used in this dish made the breakfast quinoa extra creamy and comforting. Oh how I wished I had some of those incredibly fragrant roasted cinnamon pecans to sprinkle on top!
I always associate those unbelievably delicious nuts with musicals. It seems like every theatre I visit sells them during intermission, so when the lights come up halfway through a musical, my mouth starts watering and I find myself on an all-too-intense hunt for cinnamon roasted pecans.Print
I decided to incorporate pumpkin into my high protein breakfast quinoa for a little fall flavor. The pumpkin and banana I used in this dish made the breakfast quinoa extra creamy and comforting.
- 1/2 cup quinoa (I love Feed Adam quinoa)
- 1 cup milk (I used 2 percent)
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Combine quinoa, milk, mashed banana and egg whites in a pan on medium heat.
- Increase heat to medium high and, stirring constantly, allowing mixture to thicken (approximately 10 – 15 minutes)
- Fluff quinoa, reduce heat to low and slowly stir in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice
- Add protein powder and an additional splash of milk if needed
- Divide quinoa into two bowls and enjoy
Keywords: BREAKFAST, BREAKFAST QUINOA, PUMPKIN, QUINOA, RECIPES
Not a shabby way to start the day!