Also, I just want to acknowledge that I know this weekend may be a challenging one for many out there so if that is you, I hope you can feel some of my love coming your way.
As always, I hope you all have a fun and relaxing weekend and enjoy today’s roundup of favorites, Things I’m Loving Friday style!
Things I’m Loving Friday #369
Strawberry Ice Cream
Though we got really into holiday ice cream flavors back in December, it’s been a hot second since we busted out our ice cream maker and made some homemade ice cream. With the warmer months officially upon us, I’m excited to make alllll the ice cream in our house again this spring and summer! Since we still had a decent number of strawberries left from last weekend’s strawberry picking adventure, we kicked things off in our house on Tuesday with a batch of homemade strawberry ice cream. It was so wonderful and I absolutely loved the recipe we followed. I owe you guys a big thank you for introducing me to The Perfect Scoop cookbook because I have yet to make a batch of ice cream from this book that wasn’t a slam dunk. The strawberry ice cream recipe in the cookbook called for equal parts heavy cream and sour cream which gave the ice cream a slightly tangy taste we all adored. Two thumbs waaay up from our whole family!
Honeysuckles are blooming! Hooray! As a kid, I loved sucking the nectar out of honeysuckles and our boys are all about it now, too. They love pulling the bottom of the flower off and licking the sweet nectar that drips out and it’s one of those simple joys that screams childhood to me.
One of Ryan’s best friends, Pete, was so thoughtful and generously surprised our boys with this LeapFrog Magic Adventures Globe. Pete said he knew our boys would love the globe after seeing his two nephews fall in love with it as they learned lots of facts and increased their geographical knowledge. Fun + Learning? Sign our boys up, please! Well, clearly Pete knew what he was doing because the globe was an instant hit. It comes equipped with thousands of facts and is incredibly interactive, offering unique games and a stylus that allows the boys to participate and learn more about places, world cultures, landmarks, animals, mountains, oceans, rivers, languages, currency and more. I swear I am learning just by listening to them play with this thing!
April 2021 Top 10
In an effort to be better at taking the time to analyze some of my analytics, I’m going to try to share a short recap once a month in my Friday posts that highlights my top 10 blog posts and your top 10 favorite finds from the blog + Instagram! Hopefully this will also help you check out some blog posts you might have missed or help you easily locate an item I’ve mentioned in the past that got buried in blog/social media mayhem.
Note: This top 10 list excludes all of my Things I’m Loving Friday posts since I’m assuming those of you checking in on Fridays likely already saw those posts!
- 7 Months Postpartum with Baby #3
- Three Minute Egg White Oatmeal
- Easy Orange Juice Marinated Chicken Thighs
- Greek Yogurt Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- Jax Beach Spring Break 2021
- Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2021
- Best Paleo Chicken Thigh Marinade
- Week of Weeknight Meals: April 2021
- Sunday at Rowan Wild + Dan Nicholas Park
- Easy Coconut Granola
Your Favorite Finds:
- AGOLDE Parker Vintage Cutoff Shorts (The DMs have started rolling in about these shorts and I’m so glad so many of you are loving them, too!!)
- Baby Bjorn Bouncer (One of my most-used baby items. I just wish we would’ve had it for Chase and Ryder, too!)
- Teether Tubes (Rhett is a teething machine and is obsessed with these.)
- Sharpie Gel Pens (Two thumbs up for these pens! They write well, don’t smear and have a super comfy grip.)
- Amazon Aviator Sunglasses (My favorite affordable sunglasses. I have three different colors!)
- Gold Heart Necklace (My necklace has been sold out for months but this one is super similar. Love the open heart design.)
- Oball Activity Arch (I attach this to Rhett’s stroller and Bjorn Bouncer and he loves it. So entertaining and you can easily swap out the toys to keep things interesting.)
- Mom I’m Bored Activity Book (A dry erase book perfect for entertaining kids while traveling.)
- Aerie Denim Tie Romper (Love this one. So cute with a tee or tank or even as a bathing suit coverup!)
- Gold Beaded Bracelets (This was bestseller from the Shopbop sale!)
Cardio HIIT Workout (A seriously sweaty workout that requires zero equipment!)
Refreshing Green Smoothie (Packed with veggies, fruit and fresh mint!)
Question of the Day
What is one thing you’re loving this week?
Julie, thank you for the rec on the globe! It’s like you were reading my mind. I’ve been searching for one that is kid friendly but kept finding boring globes you would see in a lobby haha. Our boys are close to Chase and Ryder’s ages so I’ll definitely check it out, thanks! Have a Happy Mother’s Day!
We visited Florida last week with family and the honeysuckles were in full bloom there! I showed my 5-year-old nephew how to suck out the nectar and it blew his mind! haha. Also, those Agolde shorts are on my radar but since I’m 11 weeks pregnant I figure I shouldn’t buy any new non-maternity shorts until next season!
I’m hitting the road for the beach on Tuesday, that’s really making me smile!! Have a great weekend & a very Happy Mother’s Day, Julie!
I bought those teether tubes per your recommendation and my boys looove them! Hope you all have a great weekend 🙂
We moved our daughter home after her first year of college and we are so excited to have her home for the summer. And, we are all 4 now fully vaccinated in our house as well (our 17 year old got his second dose yesterday). I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend.
rachel simmons says
THANK YOU for the globe recommendation!! It’s my daughters 6th birthday in August and this is the *perfect* gift for her!
We also recently got an ice cream maker and have been using it a ton! Just ordered that recipe book–thanks for the rec! 🙂