An easy coconut granola recipe made with equal parts oats and coconut! This recipe is naturally sweet, deliciously crunchy and tastes great on its own by the handful or on top of yogurt to add a little crunch and flavor to your morning meal.
Coconut lovers rejoice!!! I have a granola recipe to share with you today that is going to knock your socks off. If you love coconut and granola, this recipe is a must-make. Why? Because it is made with equal parts coconut and oats, meaning the coconut flavor is rockin’ and it will light your coconut-loving taste buds on fire.
I’ve been a coconut lover all my life. I have distinct memories of my friends giving me their Almond Joy and Mounds bars at Halloween because I was the only 8 year old who liked them. There’s something about the rich, almost buttery flavor of coconut that calls to me so making a coconut granola recipe that didn’t skimp on the coconut was my mission when I set out to make an updated version of my coconut hemp seed granola. I bumped up the amount of coconut in the recipe BIG TIME and the end result was coconut bliss!
One unexpected perk of this recipe is the amazing aroma that will fill your house as this coconut granola gets nice and toasty in the oven. Chase came running downstairs when I made my first batch asking if I was making cookies because the smell called to him from his room!
And another huge perk? This one passed the picky kid taste test, too! Chase and Ryder ate chunks of this granola by the handful once it cooled so naturally I’ve made it for our family a million times since then. Anything that gets a thumbs up from our whole crew is a big-time winner in my book.
If you give this recipe a try, please let me know! We love it and I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it — by the handful? On top of a cup of cold, creamy yogurt? Cereal-style with milk? Let me know! And, if you don’t mind taking the time to leave a rating, I am always grateful for your ratings, as they help other people find and trust my recipes, too! You’re the best!
Easy Coconut Granola (Equal Parts Oats and Coconut)Print
An easy coconut granola recipe make with equal parts oats and coconut, A naturally sweet, deliciously crunchy granola recipe perfect for coconut lovers.
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together until completely combined and the maple syrup and coconut oil coats everything well.
- Pour onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or topped with a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes and then rotate the baking sheet and bake for an additional 5 minutes until the granola turns a golden brown color. (Keep your eye on it to ensure it does not burn!)
- Remove the granola from the oven and allow to cool completely before breaking up into large chunks and storing in an air-tight container.