It is 27 degrees in Charlotte right now so you better believe a h-o-t breakfast was mandatory this morning. No smoothies in sight for this girl!
I prepared a bowl of my egg white oatmeal and topped it with a sprinkle of cinnamon and pumpkin seeds.
Plus a steaming mug of mocha mint coffee on the side!
What Song Would You Sing?
Now it’s time for a fun little chat!
Last night, as Ryan and I were curled up on the couch watching The Voice, I asked him what song he would sing if he were going to try out for the show. Neither of us are blessed with amazing vocal talent, so I posed this question under the assumption that we would magically appear on The Voice stage with a fabulous voice capable of belting out a beautiful song.
We had quite a good time chatting about various songs and in the end here were our final selections:
- Fast Car – Tracy Chapman (see this version for inspiration)
- My Girl - The Temptations
- Why Do Fools Fall In Love – Frankie Lymon and The Teenagers
- Oh Happy Day – The version from Sister Act (longtime blog readers know this song is pretty much my all-time favorite)
- River Deep Mountain High – Ike & Tina Turner (love the Glee version)
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston (love this version by Jessie J)
We both agreed it’s important to pick fairly recognizable songs because that definitely helps the crowd get into the auditions. (We also thought Walking In Memphis – the Lonestar version – would be a solid song selection.)
So now I ask you the same question…
Question of the Day
- If you were going to try out for The Voice or American Idol, what song would you sing for your audition (assuming, of course, you’d be magically blessed with an amazing voice)?