Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Circuit Workout

I am so excited to share this workout with you guys today.

Before heading to the gym this morning, I sat at the kitchen counter and jotted down a bunch of different exercises with the goal of creating a super-fast circuit workout that would kick my butt and leave me dripping in sweat in 25 minutes or less.

I present to you the Cant Stop, Won’t Stop Circuit Workout:

circuit workout

Why “Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop?”

• Can’t Stop: It was very fast paced so I felt like I could never stop and had to keep moving so I could stay on point
  • Won’t Stop: It made me dig deep because it was so challenging so I had to really commit and tell myself “I won’t stop” a few times

The good news? I was technically only kickin’ my butt for 20 minutes of active exercises, though the workout took me about 25 minutes to complete. I warmed on the elliptical before diving into this bad boy which helped my muscles feel ready to go when I started in with the first 30 seconds of burpees. I was so sweaty by the end of this workout!

After my workout, I looked over at Ryan to see if he was ready to head home. Please check out my crazy husband:

box jumps 005

He takes box jumps to a whole new level.

Allow me to show you my box jumps:

box jumps 019

box jumps 018

Ahhhhh!

My bravery is astounding.

Breakfast this morning was a new one for me.

box jumps 012

I tried Joelle’s Paleo oatmeal that I pinned on Pinterest a few weeks ago. No, I’m not going Paleo, but I’ve seen blogger after blogger rave about this “oatless oatmeal,” and I’m always game for trying a new recipe. I gave it a go this morning and am definitely a fan. (I used an extra egg white and a whole banana in my version.)

I’m just about the least picky eater in all the land, so I could see people who are easily skeeved out by strange textures not enjoying this dish, but I loved it. I had Ryan try a bite and he thought it was good, too, though he happily chowed down on his beloved McDonald’s hot cakes that we picked up on the way home from the gym.

I ordered my usual iced coffee to sip along with my hot breakfast and enjoyed it with a cup of key lime Greek yogurt.

box jumps 017

box jumps 014

Yum! It instantly made me wish I would’ve used the yogurt to make my key lime pie protein smoothie. Maybe I’ll make one after our morning walk with Sadie?

Off to exercise that crazy ball of love!

Comments

1. ivette says

Hahaha, totally with you on the ‘bravery’ for box jumping!
    I just always feel like i’m totally going to fall flat on my face & break all my teeth so i’m very impressed with Ryan!

2. Shannon M says

Love your workouts, happy to see some of yours posted again. Can’t wait to see more weight/cardio circuit workouts. You have a great blog and should write a cookbook too :).

3. Lizzie says

Holy Superman, Ryan! Haha! That’s, well, redic. He must be wearing Nike Airs :p (ok ok I’ll stop with the cheese factor) I mainly wanted to comment to say how impressed I am with you variability in workouts and eats each and every day! It’s an admirable quality! I also appreciate your ‘get in and get out’ philosophy at the gym- being satisfied with workouts that don’t make you spend hours at the gym. Your approach to eating healthfully is really so great, too. I never see you going crazy about portion sizes and measuring amounts- you eat well to feel well. There aren’t too many girls out there like that- so thanks for inspiring :)

4. Abbi says

I share your fear of box jumps. One summer I was doing box jumps at volleyball practice and my foot slipped and I ended up scraping the front of my shin on the edge of the box (which was carpeted) and scraped a few layers of skin off my leg. I could barely walk after that and needless to say I now have an aversion to doing box jumps.

5. Samantha says

This is how I feel with my boyfriend at the gym! Between him doing box jumps, battle ropes and burpee things with a medicine ball I look like a 5 year old running in circles compared to him! I’m happy I’m not the only one

This workout sounds really intense…I can not wait to try it thank you! I am a huge lover for oatmeal, it is my go-to for breakfast most mornings…i have it mixed with yogurt and cinnamon. this paleo recipe sounds different though and I like the idea of it, I will definitly give it a try. Thanks!

7. Ann says

I thought he was standing on top of the cardio machine in the back when I first saw that picture! I thought, he must have been bored and ready to go, and finding a way to entertain himself. Then I realized – WOW. Video please!

8. @pluvk says

Are you SERIOUS?!?! Can he really jump that high? My mind is reeling… I feel accomplished to jump two feet, but that? Wow.
    Awesome workout, btw! LOVE it! Totally doing it sometime soon. :-) Thanks!

Hey, I did your workout this morning — it was a nice change of pace for me. I loved every minute of it though my fiancé was cursing the day I was born for inviting him to do it with me.
    He’ll live I’m sure!
    Thanks for sharing!

10. Lauren says

1. I kind of don’t believe Ryan is jumping that high. Damn! Video or it didn’t happen!

2. Honestly his jump looks a little dangerous. One minor slip and he’s got a broken leg.

11. Cristina says

HOLY…Your husband is an AMIMAL! …In the nicest way possible! Dont sell yourself short though, box jumps are no joke. I may be a “creeper” blog reader but you inspire me so much. xxoo

Thanks for sharing the recipe AND the workout :) Both look great! I’ll definitely have to try both, hun :)

Your box jumps are so cute. I seriously cannot believe how high Ryan jumps! I am so scared, too! You’re not alone love.

xoxo

13. Becky says

I love that this comment chain has turned into a “box jumps terrify me” support group!

It’s so nice to know…I’m not alone!

hee hee

can’t wait to try this circuit! It looks awesome!

14. SaRa says

Love the length of your tank! What brand and style is it? I have a long torso, so I have a hard time finding long enough tanks! Thanks!

When Ryan jumps that high and lands on the edge of the second box, isn’t he afraid it will topple backwards with him on it? That looks really HIGH. Quite limber. Wish I could do that.

Can your website be found on the first page of a search.
    Moreover, affordable rates and in-depth knowledge of hardcore SEO
    professionals and their dedication to the project and round the clock service draw in worldwide clients to outsource SEO
    work to India. Quality content with appropriate use
    of related search terms is more acceptable by search
    engine and web site visitor standards.