20 Minute Treadmill Run

This week is off to a decent start thanks to a pretty stellar morning workout.

My time at the gym began with a 20 run on the treadmill that looked like this:

20 Minute Treadmill Run Workout

I blasted by half marathon playlist and really got into it. Thank goodness the treadmills at my gym don’t face people because I was lip synching my heart out like a fool. Sometimes the music just moves ya.

Once I was done on the treadmill, I walked into the weight room to complete an upper body workout that left my arms feeling quite fatigued. I lifted heaver weights than usual and really felt the burn. It was a good one!

Breakfast today was delicious!

peanut butter overnight oats

While this may look like a typical bowl of overnight oats, it tasted like oatmeal peanut butter cookie dough! I need to measure the ingredients out to share this with you guys because I have a feeling my fellow peanut butter fanatics would enjoy it a lot.

I omitted the Greek yogurt in my typical overnight oats and added peanut butter and a bit of brown sugar to the mix before letting it sit overnight. So good!

overnight oats

I hope you’re having a great Monday!

Comments

That looks great! Since going mostly paleo I don’t get to do the over night oats thing any more but I have found some great recipes with just chia seeds!

2. Jackie P says

Have you tried the new Chobani flips? I have a feeling they would be awesome as an overnight oat recipe, especially the Almond Coco Loco flavor!

Was the first 8 minutes of your run a warm up or do you do anything else to warm up? I’m looking for advise or tips on how others warm up before a run.

I lipsynch when I’m running on the treadmill constantly. I don’t realize I’m doing it until I catch a glance of myself in the mirrors in front of me and I look like a total idiot. I can’t help it that my playlists are so flippin’ catchy! 😛

I’m definitely gonna jot down this workout for tonight at the gym. It’s time for me to start running consistently a bit faster. I usually just cruise around a 5.5-6.0 on the treadmill, but would like to bump that up. I think this would be a great way to start hitting those higher speeds comfortably :)

Would love the recipe for your overnight oats! Your 20 minute treadmill workout looks like a perfect fit for me! I’ll have to print it out! Sometimes I worry that people will notice me lip singing in the mirror…awkward haha

7. Jen B. says

Hahaha I’m laughing about the lip synching comment because I did your 20 minute incline workout as a warm-up today and definitely lip synched to some Bell Biv Divoe ‘Poison’ and Montell Jordan’s ‘This is How We Do It.’ Who doesn’t want to jam out to that?!

Great idea to put in the peanut butter and brown sugar instead of yogurt! I wonder if almond butter would make it taste just as good?!? Ill definitely give this recipe a try though!

haha I know whatcha mean with the lip syncing …one time “Take Me Home Tonight” came on my 80s pop pandora and I narrowly avoided jumping off the elliptical and starting a dance party in the weight room. Cant wait to hear the recipe for those oats!!

10. Leah says

I can’t wait to see the recipe AND try this treadmill workout! I did your 50 minute include walking/running one on Friday and it felt GREAT!

• says

Agree with you as well Jenny. I like to exercise, or run accompanied with music and end up lip syncing! It helps me be in the mood for an additional lap.

My sister was running on the treadmill behind mine and caught me choreographing new Zumba routines (I’m a licensed instructor!) while running! Oh the silly things we do while we run! (Jenny^^ I’m totally guilty of the air drums!)

Thanks for sharing!

After reading about your peanut butter oatmeal cookie inspired overnight oats, I knew I had to try them right away. So I decided I would just play around with the amounts myself (patience isn’t really in my nature). I used honey instead of brown sugar because I have a jar of raw honey that I am completely obsessed with at the moment and try to use it in as many things as possible. It was absolutely delicious and a great way to start the morning. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

I ran this morning at the gym and was so into the music, I was practically fist pumping in the middle of the gym! Those are the best times to run though because I think about the music and not the run mostly. Soooo fun!