30 Minute Treadmill Workout

Today will be a go, go, go kind of day but it’s mostly fun stuff, so I can’t complain.

First things first…

30 Minute Treadmill Workout

Ryan and I hit the gym together this morning for a quick workout. Since I’m really hoping to take advantage of the BodyPump class offered at my parents’ gym while I am in Jacksonville tomorrow, I focused today’s workout on cardio.

After 10 minutes on the elliptical, I took my workout to the treadmill where I completed the following 30 minute countdown treadmill workout:

30 Minute Treadmill Workout

This workout incorporates 10 minutes of fast walking with bursts of fast running. It kept me interested the whole time and when I hopped off the treadmill after a brief cool down, my face was dripping sweat. I’ll take it!

As Ryan and I drove home from the gym, I started brainstorming breakfast ideas and couldn’t decide whether I wanted something sweet or savory. My indecision resulted in this random combination…

Fage Key Lime Greek Yogurt

A cup of key lime pie Greek yogurt inhaled before picture time. (This Fage flavor is so, so good!)

avocado toast

And a piece of Ezekiel toast topped with 1/2 of a smashed avocado with salt and pepper.

Plus coffee!

Anthropologie J initial mug

Now I’m off to work and teach before it’s time to hit the road for Jacksonville for WEDDING fun!!!

Comments

Seriously so happy for Leslie and Ross! As a long time reader, I always found myself reading your posts and thinking, “When are those two going to get engaged?!” Have a BLAST with family time and wedding fun this week/weekend!

Interval runs are my favorite. Pretty much any time I’m on a treadmill I’ll add in some type of interval sprint because I get so bored just trying to run 3-4 miles. Have a great time preparing for the wedding! Can’t wait to read all about it 🙂

3. Katie says

Oh my gosh, Julie…I literally did that EXACT workout this morning at the gym! So funny!!!

I love “tricking” myself into doing treadmill runs by breaking it up like that.

Love reading your posts every morning!

4. Addie says

I live in Jacksonville and I wanted to know if you have ever tried the restaurant Pulp before? It’s a smoothie/juice/coffee place and I’ve heard great things about it. It seems right up your alley, so I thought I would share!

5. Shelly says

I actually found your blog last year when I googled “treadmill workouts”! I’ve loved all of the other ones and am so excited that you posted a new one. I get so bored when I run a straight three miles, but these make the workout fun and go super quickly!

Great treadmill workout! I’ve been getting bored lately and this will definitely mix things up.

I’m glad I’m not the only one putting mashed avocado (in my case, usually homemade guacamole) on toast. I discovered it by accident and now can’t get enough. 🙂

7. Remi says

What was your total miles completed with this workout? I’m doing the 100 miles in March challenge, so I’m trying to track how many miles these workouts would be! This workout looks great for making the time fly by and fighting boredom!

Thanks for sharing this treadmill workout! Can’t wait to try it out for myself. Also Ezekiel toasted with smashed avocado on the top is one of my all time favourite snacks to eat. I have three avocados that are taking forever to ripen. It’s driving me nuts!