Even though I don’t have a weekend recap for you guys this morning, I couldn’t resist popping in and wanted to share a super random but hopefully semi-interesting post with you guys! I saw this idea for a blog post pop up on Ashley’s blog a couple of weeks ago and bookmarked it because I thought it was so fun! Inspired the 73 rapid-fire questions Vogue poses to celebrities in an ongoing video series, Ashley answered a slew of short questions on her blog and I loved reading her answers. This morning I’m answering a bunch of short questions as well (I grabbed my list of questions from Ashley’s blog post and this 73 questions post) and would love to hear your answers to some of them in the comments section of this post. Let’s get to it!
1. What’s the best thing that happened to you this month? Visiting my family in Florida and seeing my boys with their baby cousin
2. What’s your favorite game? Catch Phrase or Taboo but I’ll play pretty much any game. Game nights are my fav!
3. When are you most inspired? First thing in the morning after a cup of coffee or on long solo walks with Sadie (aka my BEST thinking time)
4. If you could teach one subject in school what would it be? English
5. What’s your favorite beverage? Sparkling water
6. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received? I had a woman in Target tell me I had wonderful children and that they were a reflection of my parenting. It was an incredibly kind compliment that stuck with me because it meant so much to me. Her compliment also inspired me to reach out and give strangers more sincere compliments.
7. What is your favorite birthday cake? Ice cream cake! But if that doesn’t count, I’d say red velvet cake with buttercream icing.
8. What is one thing you still have from your childhood? A stuffed animal cat named Snowball that Chase has now adopted as his favorite stuffed animal
9. What is your favorite movie? Father of the Bride
10. What is something you can’t do? French braid
11. Window or aisle seat? Aisle for sure
12. What makes you laugh no matter what? Chase and the things that come out of his mouth — lately the fact that he calls TV “TD,” and doesn’t know the word “or” so he always says “for” in its place — “Do you want to play with me for no?”
13. What does creativity mean to you? Embracing yourself and your passions
14. What are your favorite lyrics of all time? “You have no rival. You have no equal. Now and forever God you reign.” (What a Beautiful Name by Hillsong) I sang these lyrics over and over again in my head on my way to prenatal appointments when I was pregnant with Ryder and filled with fear and anxiety following our miscarriages. It was the best reminder that God is the most powerful and He is GOOD.
15. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas!!!
16. What’s heavily played on your music playlist right now? Particula by Major Lazer & DJ Maphorisa
17. If you could raid one woman’s closet who would it be? Probably Katrina from Tone It Up because her style always looks feminine but comfy, too! Plus, she has the cutest workout/athleisure clothes! (And while I’m at it, I’ll take her hair as well.)
18. Must have purse item? Snacks and baby wipes
19. What did you want to be when you grew up when you were 12? A dolphin trainer or a news anchor
20. What is something you will not be doing in ten years? Changing diapers
21. What is an important life lesson for someone to learn? Hurt people hurt people. When someone intentionally tries to hurt you, it’s very likely because they’re hurting inside themselves. Truly happy, kind people do not go around trying to make other people feel miserable.
22. How do you start your day? Quiet time with my latest Bible study and coffee followed by work before the boys wake up
23. Would you ever live anywhere besides North Carolina? Never say never but Ryan and I agree North Carolina is the best place either of us have ever lived
24. What is your favorite dessert? Ice cream — no contest
25. Is there a dessert you don’t like? I’m not a huge fan of chocolate and fruit mixed together in desserts (like chocolate and raspberry or vanilla cake with fruit in the middle, etc.) but I’ll never turn it down
26. It’s brunch! What do you eat? Quiche
27. Where was the best vacation you’ve ever taken? The Galapagos Islands is hard to beat!
28. Favorite Disney animal? Timon and Sebastian
29. What is a book you are planning on reading? I’m currently in the middle of reading The Wicked City by Beatriz Williams, but thanks to your recommendations on last Thursday’s blog post, next up on my list is The Banker’s Wife by Cristina Alger
30. What did you read most recently? I’m Fine and Neither Are You by Camille Pagán and I would highly recommend it!
31. Favorite solo artist? Bob Seger or Elton John
32. What is something you’re tired of? Social media perfection. Curated Instagram feeds with all professionally-shot and perfectly staged photos. It’s exhausting.
33. What’s a city you wish to visit? So many! We’ve been on a bit of an overseas travel hiatus during this phase of life, but I’m dying to visit Reykjavík, Iceland to see whales in the wild. Inside the United States, I’d love to visit Juneau, Alaska for the very same reason.
34. Heels or flats? If it’s a semi-dressy outfit I would absolutely say heels but I opt for flats most of the time because #momlife
35. Where does one go on a perfect road trip? Ireland! Ryan and I still talk about our amazing Ireland vacation. It was the perfect place to go to rent a car and drive all over the country without a ton of advance planning required.
36. What do you do on a rainy day? Try to find a fun indoor place to take the boys so we don’t all go crazy
37. What’s your favorite exercise? Burn Boot Camp!!
38. What was your worst subject in school? Math
39. What is your spirit animal? Dolphin
40. What do you usually eat for breakfast? I change it up a lot but lately it’s some form of oatmeal (collagen baked oatmeal, overnight oats, triple chocolate protein oatmeal, etc.), smoothies or chia seed pudding
41. What do you usually eat for dinner? I love trying new recipes and meal planning so we rarely eat the exact same thing week after week. You may see what a week’s worth of dinners looks like in these posts!
42. Cooking or Baking? Baking for sure!
43. Favorite baked good? Oh man this is hard! I’d say freshly baked cookies or some kind of an apple/peach crisp but only if I can pair it with ice cream.
44. What is something you wish you could be good at? Choreographed dance. It does not compute in my brain.
45. Skiing or Surfing? I don’t know how to surf so I’ll say skiing… but something about surfing greatly appeals to me, probably because of my love for swimming and the ocean
46. First celebrity crush? JTT — Jonathan Taylor Thomas — what a dreamboat
47. Most recent celebrity crush? Batman aka Christian Bale (based on looks alone — hubba, hubba)
48. What color was your prom dress? Junior year it was a bright fuchsia and senior year it was blue
49. How do you manage stress? Make a list. Wake up earlier than usual to get things done. Remind myself that I can always handle it and that in one month, year, etc. the thing that is stressing me out likely will not matter anyway.
50. What do you do to relax? Read
51. Age when you were first kissed? 13
52. Place you were first kissed? On the couch in his basement. Ooooh midwest basement life!
53. Favorite fashion trend of all time? High-waisted leggings. Never giving them up!
54. Best fashion advice you’ve ever received? Dress for your body type
55. What is your current favorite piece of clothing that you own? If I’m going with the item I wear the most, it would probably be my lululemon align 7/8 leggings. I discovered them thanks to your recommendations when I was pregnant and still wear them all the time. They are the most comfortable pregnant/postpartum/everyday life leggings!
56. Shoes or Bags? Bags mainly because I wear sneakers and comfy/functional sandals most days
57. How do you know if you’re in love? You cannot picture your life without them and you deeply feel their happiness and their pain
58. Television show you’ve binged on recently? Still waiting for the day when I have time to binge-watch TV again
59. Who do you turn to when you’re sad? Ryan — He somehow seems to know just what to say or do to make me smile again
60. Leather or lace? Lace
61. Vintage or new? New
62. What is your Kryptonite? Sugar
63. What are you most enchanted by? Surface-level: Fashion influencers and social media moms who are always all done-up and put together. How are you so darn perfect?! Really?! Deeper level: God’s creations. I often find myself driving and looking up at the sky and feeling mesmerized by the beauty of this world. Also, babies. And the thoughts that go through a child’s brain.
64. What is your biggest strength? Optimism
65. What is your biggest weakness? Over-analyzing/getting in my head too much that I feel frozen
66. What are 3 words to describe living in Charlotte? Beautiful. Fun. Variety.
67. Cutest thing on planet earth? Babies laughing
68. Favorite color? Coral or mint green or yellow
69. Best first date idea? Some kind of activity where you can really interact and “play” together followed by dinner
70. Favorite time of day? I’m a morning girl all the way
71. What do you first notice about someone when you meet them? Their smile and energy
72. What’s your guilty pleasure? Eating a full pint of ice cream in one sitting
73. Favorite band? Dave Matthew’s Band — so many memories from listening to their music
Questions of the Day
- When are you most inspired?
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
- What’s one thing you cannot do?
- Cutest thing on planet earth?
- What do you do to relax?
Or pick any of the questions above and share your answers below!