This sweet potato side dish was inspired by the glazed carrots I made over the weekend. They were so delicious and super simple and I had a feeling I could use similar flavors with sweet potatoes to make another tasty side dish.
Instead of cooking the potatoes the stove top, I roasted them which made things even easier. And adding crumbled bacon on top at the end was a great decision since we’re big fans of sweet and savory flavor combinations in our house. (If you’re not a bacon lover, you could easily omit this part of the recipe.)Print
Adding crumbled bacon on top at the end was a great decision since we’re big fans of sweet and savory flavor combinations in our house.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Toss sweet potatoes, coconut oil and cinnamon together until sweet potatoes are fully coated in the oil and cinnamon
- Pour potatoes onto a cooking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and spread out
- Bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes, flipping halfway through
- Pour hot sweet potatoes in a larger bowl and immediately toss with honey
- Top sweet potatoes with crumbled bacon and serve
Keywords: bacon, Recipes, sweet potato, sweet potatoes