I wanted something I could easily transport to the airport and in the end I dug around in my pantry and pulled out dates, almond butter, oats, dried cranberries, maple syrup and cocoa powder.
Within minutes, I had a yummy batch of chocolate cranberry energy bars and energy balls on my hand!
Easy Chocolate Cranberry Energy BallsPrint
Various ingredients like dates, almond butter, oats, dried cranberries, maple syrup and cocoa powder; make this recipe perfect for on-the-go mornings, or in the car in between meetings.
- 1 cup dates, pits removed
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Place all ingredients in a large food processor and pulse until a thick “dough” forms.
- If you are making balls, roll dough into small balls and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to enjoy!
- If you are making bars, press dough into a small square baking dish and refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting dough into bars. Refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
Keywords: energy balls, energy bars, homemade energy bars, homemade larabar, Larabar, recipe, Recipes
I personally find that the energy balls are a little easier to transport until you wrap up the bars individually in saran wrap to prevent them from sticking to a ziploc baggie or each other. Either way, they are delicious! If you decide to give them a try, I hope you enjoy them! And feel free to play around with the ingredients a little bit. I think adding chocolate chips, coconut or even crushed pretzels to the bars would taste fantastic!
- Brownie Bite Truffles (gluten-free + vegan)