Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Natural Delights Medjool Dates. I am teaming up with the company this week and hope you guys enjoy the recipe below!
This week I teamed up with Natural Delights Medjool Dates to come up with a recipe for a delicious grab-n-go snack.
Tropical energy bars!
I combined coconut (I can never have enough coconut!), sweet mango and flavorful pineapple to make a simple, no-bake energy bar that you can throw together in no time at all.
I figured this batch of bars would last for a few days in our house, but after two days they miraculously vanished! I suppose that’s a good sign, right!?
Tropical Energy BarsPrint
When I make healthy snacks myself, I know the food I’m consuming is doing something good for my body and will help me feel energetic for much longer than the cookies or crackers that always seem to be available.
- 15 dates, pits removed
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut (coconut shavings, chips or shredded coconut will work)
- 1/2 cup dried mango, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried pineapple, chopped
- Place all ingredients except for 1/2 cup of the coconut into a large food processor
- Pulse ingredients a few times, stirring if the dates begin to clump together
- Process until ingredients begin to form a large ball of “dough” (Stir if necessary but continue to process until thick dough forms)
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with plastic wrap
- Sprinkle remaining coconut onto plastic wrap
- Press large ball of dough into dish, shaping it into a large square
- Cover and chill for an hour or overnight
- Cut into squares, flip over and enjoy
Keywords: date bars, dates, healthy snacks, Recipes, snacks
I hope these help to satisfy your snack time cravings!
Medjool Dates Facebook Chat
If you’re near a computer or have a smartphone with you at 1 p.m. EST (10 a.m. PST), I’d love to chat with you live about nutritious snacks, fitness and healthy living on the Medjool Dates Facebook page. THREE winners who participate in the chat will receive a Medjool Dates Prize Pack! I hope you will join me!