This recipe for easy marinated pork chops is a family favorite in our house and is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. With only six simple ingredients, it’s a simple dish you can prep ahead of time and cook in a flash for a delicious weeknight dinner!
The photos from this 2016 blog post + recipe recently got a little refresh and I wanted to share it here again. I hope you all continue to love this recipe as much as we do!
I’ve been meaning to share this recipe for marinated pork chops with you guys forever. It’s one of my absolute favorites and finds its way onto my weekly meal plan on a regular basis.
I have my mom to thank for introducing me to this delicious dish. She’s been making it for our family to enjoy for dinner for years, but it wasn’t until she stayed with us for a few weeks after Chase was born that I watched her make it that I realized how simple it was to whip up on a busy weeknight. Simple + Delicious = Instantly intrigued!
The last time my mom made this dish, I watched her prep everything and we measured the ingredients as she chopped and cooked so I could easily make the pork chops myself and eventually share the recipe with you guys on the blog. My mom assured me it’s a hard one to mess up and measuring everything out isn’t really necessary once you have a basic idea of the proper ratios, but when I’m going to make something for the first time, I like a general idea of just how much of each ingredient I need. Now I can easily eyeball everything and once you make this recipe one time, I have a feeling you will be able to do the same, making this dish all the more simple!
We typically enjoy these pork chops with roasted sweet potatoes or a grain like brown rice or farro and roasted veggies but it pairs well with so many sides and even makes a great salad topper!
Keep this recipe in your back pocket for the next time you find yourself scratching your head as to what to make on a busy weeknight when you want something fast, simple and delicious!
Easy Marinated Pork ChopsPrint
Easy marinated pork chops — a family favorite and the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Made with only six simple ingredients!
4 pork chops (bone-in or boneless)
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup maple syrup (or brown sugar)
- Combine everything but the pork chops in a large freezer-size zip-top bag. Squish everything around to create the marinade.
- Place pork chops in the bag and toss to coat. Lay flat in the fridge for four hours (or more — overnight is great!), flipping the pork chops halfway through marinating time. (If you aren’t home and able to flip the pork chops, don’t worry about missing this step!)
- Remove pork chops from marinade and discard the marinade.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Place pork chops in skillet and cook for approximately 5-6 minutes on each side, or until center is no longer pink and the pork chops are lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and let rest for a couple of minutes before plating and serving. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Jarred minced garlic and/or ginger paste will work well in this recipe if you don’t have fresh garlic or ginger on hand or are simply looking for a way to make this recipe even easier.
- Chicken breasts or a full pork tenderloin will also work well in this marinade if that’s more your style!
Keywords: pork recipes, pork chops, marinated pork chops, pork chop marinade, pork marinade