It’s as if chewy oatmeal raisin cookies and buttery, mouth-watering chocolate chip cookies had a love child and it resulted in the most perfect cookie on the planet. Yes, I really do love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that much. And thanks to the beautiful and talented Katie, I recently discovered a flourless chocolate chip cookie that rivals any oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe out there.
The cookies jumped out at me as I was flipping through Katie’s gorgeous new cookbook, Chocolate-Covered Katie.
Katie is a fellow blogger and friend of mine who happens to be the mastermind behind about a billion delectable dessert recipes that are (usually) somehow good for you. Sweet treats dominate her cookbook and 80 beautiful recipes are featured in six different chapters. As I curled up on the couch on Sunday afternoon and paged through her cookbook for the fourth time, I dog-eared a handful of recipes. When I realized I had everything on hand that I needed for the flourless chocolate chip cookies, it was time to bake!
And bake I did on a chilly Sunday afternoon. So how many cookies are left from the batch I made yesterday? Four. Ryan and I clearly loved these cookies a little too much.
I recently discovered a flourless chocolate chip cookie that rivals any oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe out there… The cookies jumped out at me as I was flipping through Katie’s gorgeous new cookbook, Chocolate-Covered Katie.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 4 to 6 tablespoons milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease two baking sheets and set aside.
- Blend together oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in a blender or food processor until evenly combined. Place in a large mixing bowl and add chocolate chips, sugar, oil and 2 tablespoons milk.
- Stir together to form a dough, very slowly adding more milk if the mixture is too dry to form a dough.
- Using your hands or a cookie scoop, roll or form into balls. Place onto prepared sheets and press the balls to flatten.
- Bake for 6 minute. The cookies will look undone at first, but this is what you want; the cookies continue to cook as they cool.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the sheets. Store leftovers in a covered container at room temperature for up to three days.
Recipe source: Chocolate-Covered Katie Cookbook
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1.5g
Keywords: Chocolate Covered Katie, cookbook, cookie recipe, flourless chocolate chip cookies, giveaway, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, Recipes
In addition to this delicious recipe, you can find tons of other recipes in the Chocolate-Covered Katie Cookbook that will appeal to anyone out there with a sweet tooth!
From healthy brownies and bars to nutritious dessert-for-breakfast recipes, creamy smoothies, pies and cakes, the Chocolate-Covered Katie cookbook will make your mouth water.
And now here is your chance to win a copy of Katie’s cookbook of your own!
Chocolate-Covered Katie Cookbook Giveaway
To enter this giveaway, please leave me a comment below, telling me about your favorite sweet treat. Are you an ice cream fanatic like me? Do cookies or brownies make your heart soar? Tell me below!
I will randomly select a giveaway winner on Friday. Good luck, my friends!