Supporting Girls On The Run is such a pleasure, and even practices often feel like celebrations. The girls who take part are so energetic and positive, and we have so much fun together.
I came up with this homemade treat for the girls, and when it came to picking the ingredients, I knew I wanted marshmallows and chocolate — they’d told me how much they loved these treats! — and I also wanted something portable and easy to make in large quantities.
Hello, hot cocoa Chex mix!
I added red and green M&Ms, white chocolate chips and hot cocoa powder to the mix to give it a festive holiday flare and really hope the girls love it!
Make big batches of this Hot Cocoa Chex Mix to bring to holiday parties, give as gifts or just crunch on as a sweet treat! The process is very versatile, so mix in your favorite candies and cereals and enjoy.
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups kettle corn
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons hot cocoa powder mix
- 2/3 cup M&Ms
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup marshmallows
- Combine Rice Chex, kettle corn, coconut chips and pecans in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter and add vanilla extract. Pour vanilla butter mixture over Rice Chex mix. Add hot cocoa powder and toss to coat.
- Add M&Ms, white chocolate chips and marshmallows to the mix and toss.
The holiday hot cocoa Chex mix was incredibly easy to make and didn’t require any time in the oven like original Chex mix. I also think it would make a great homemade holiday gift for coworkers. Just pour it into mason jars, tie a ribbon around it and there ya go!
More Holiday Recipes