I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend and were able to spend time with people you love doing things you enjoy… or doing absolutely nothing, because that’s fun, too!
Now let’s dive right into the day!
Last week I created a new page on the blog and totally forgot to tell you guys about it!
There is now a brand spankin’ new Treadmill Workouts page on the blog with tons of my favorite treadmill workouts all in one place.
I categorized the workouts into walking workouts or running/interval workouts which are sorted by the duration of the workout. I tried to include brief one-sentence descriptions of each workout so you can quickly skim the page to hopefully find the workout you’re after whether you’re in the mood to tackle incline walking, sprints or steady-state cardio.
You may find the page underneath the “Work It Out” tab at the top of the blog. The link to the Treadmill Workouts page is located right underneath the new Circuit Workouts page that I created last week.
I hope you like it!
Speaking of workouts, today’s workout was a good one!
It was my second time tackling a specific lower-body workout sent to me through the Best Body Boot Camp program.
Today’s exercise of note was the one-legged dumbbell squat.
Last week when I attempted the move, I used two 15-pound dumbbells since that’s the weight I typically use when I do lunges. Doing one-legged squats with the dumbbells proved rather difficult and I found myself cheating the move a bit and frequently stabilized myself with my back leg.
Today I actually used no weight at all and concentrated on doing the move sloooowly and correctly and still felt the burn. I know I have a lot of work to do when it comes to stability exercises. They challenge me in a totally new way, which I love and hate at the same time.
Today’s morning meal came together nice and fast thanks to prep work last night.
I made myself a batch of overnight oats with old fashioned oatmeal, plain Greek yogurt, chia seeds, almond milk and honey.
Perfect post-workout breakfast.
Time to tackle my inbox! Enjoy your morning!
Of Possible Interest
- Metabolism-Boosting Vegetarian Meals (FitSugar.com)
- Orlando runners! This Sunday is the UCF chapter of Kappa Delta’s annual Shamrock 5K run on the UCF campus to benefit Prevent Child Abuse America and the Children’s Home Society of Florida. If you’d like to run, simply click here to register!
- Interview with Yours Truly about Snacking Habits, Healthy Eating Challenges and More! (BeeWellForLife.com)
Bonefish Grill Giveaway Winners
- # 342, Maggie: “Yuuuum the lobster and mussels look amaaaaazing! I always love the bang bang shrimp at Bonefish and my boyfriend really likes the lily’s chicken (which says a lot bc he’s not a huge chicken fan but always gets that dish)! I am dying to try that lobster and the sea bass sounds pretty darn tasty as well! Now I’m in the mood for some seafood and it’s 11 am.”
- #775, Ellie: “I’d love to try the bang bang shrimp! I’ve heard such great things about Bonefish Grill! Great giveaway!”
Please email me at email@example.com with your mailing address and I’ll send you your $25 gift certificates today!