Things I’m Loving Friday
Wednesday afternoon was such a treat! I headed off to Bohemian Stylehouse to see Christie who is a balayage mastermind. I first visited her 1.5 years ago and knew I finally found someone incredibly talented that I could fully trust with my hair. She did such a great job of listening to me and took my desire for a truly low maintenance balayage to heart. (I think the fact that I could go well over a year without desperately needing a touchup speaks to her talent!) I asked for a honey blonde balayage that would once again grow out in a way that looks natural with my dirty blonde roots and she absolutely delivered. I feel like my hair got a little summer refresh and I’m loving the brighter pops of blonde she incorporated around my face.
Speaking of hair… I discovered this dry texturizing spray years ago during a girls’ trip with my high school BFFs. My friend Michaela has very fine, silky hair like mine and we both struggle with getting volume and “grit” in our hair to make it easier to style and help our hair hold a style without falling out. When Michaela let me borrow this spray, I was instantly sold and have been using it for years! Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray is my favorite for days when I don’t want the firm hold of hairspray but want to add volume to limp locks. It’s especially great for getting that undone messy bun look without leaving my topknot sad and floppy. It also seems to absorb oil and almost functions as a dry shampoo alternative, too! It’s one of those miracle hair products that actually works and adds fullness and volume to my otherwise very fine, lifeless locks. Also, as a random side note, Ryan loves the smell of this stuff and always compliments how good I smell whenever I spray this in my hair!
Supergoop! Friends + Family Sale: 20% off Everything!
There are a handful of clean sunscreens I’ve fallen in love with over the years and Supergoop! is one of the very best! I’m incredibly picky and feel like there are pros and cons to most clean sunscreen brands out there but Supergoop! sunscreen checks a lot of my boxes. 1. It doesn’t leave a white residue 2. It doesn’t have an overpowering smell 3. It doesn’t feel sticky, heavy or thick glue when applied.
It’s a pricier sunscreen so I’m all about taking advantage of their Friends + Family Sale when everything is 20% off. Here are my orders from the sale: PLAY Everyday Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 (This is what I use on the boys — I actually ordered the 18 oz. jug this year!)/ PLAY Everyday Sunscreen Lotion Mist (for quick sunscreen reapplication when we’re out and about) / PLAY Everyday Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 (Ryan and I love this one) / Glow Screen (This was a Things I’m Loving Friday fav last year! It’s a tinted sunscreen that leaves a dewy, glowy finish. I often wear this on my face with no other makeup in the summer and LOVE the way it makes my skin look!)
Biceps, Triceps Shoulder Workout: 40 ON / 20 OFF
I completed this workout in our driveway during Rhett’s morning nap yesterday while Chase and Ryder played in the yard and I loved it! I’m always and forever a fan of upper body workouts and the formatting of this one — 40 seconds on, 20 seconds off — kept things moving and lit my biceps, triceps and shoulders on fire. I wanted to share it here so I can remember it and keep it in my back pocket for the future, too!
Paleo Banana Pancakes from Live Eat Learn
I’ve mentioned the fact that we’re pancake-making machines in our house lately because Rhett loooves pancakes and I appreciate them not only as a delicious breakfast option but also as a great grab-and-go snack for a toddler who loves to snack in his stroller. I whipped up a batch of these paleo banana pancakes earlier this week for our crew and they got two thumbs up from all of our boys. The only change I made was to swap the almond butter for peanut butter (so they weren’t paleo in our house but we aren’t paleo so it wasn’t a big deal to me) and while our pancakes seemed to look quite a bit thinner than the ones featured in Live Eat Learn’s blog post, they were the perfect consistency for our 9-month-old baby to gum all over.
May 2021 Top 10
In an effort to be better at taking the time to analyze some of my analytics, last month I told you guys I’m going to share a monthly recap in my Friday posts that highlights my top 10 blog posts and your top 10 favorite finds from the blog + Instagram. Hopefully this will also help you check out some blog posts you might have missed or help you easily locate an item I’ve mentioned in the past that got buried in blog/social media mayhem.
Here’s a peek at was you guys liked in May 2021!
- Easy Orange Juice Chicken Marinade
- Mother’s Day Weekend 2021
- Three-Minute Egg White Oatmeal
- Greek Yogurt Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- Currently: May 2021
- Back-to-Back Boat Days, A Family Hike and a Missing Tooth
- Week of Weeknight Meals: May 2021
- The Transition from Two to Three Kids: Q&A
- Everything Bagel Seared Tuna
- Sweetwater Farms + Our First Boat Ride of the Year
- ILIA Beauty Super Serum Skin Tint (Are you guys loving this!?! I honestly crave applying it because it feels so good on my face.)
- AGOLDE Parker Vintage Loose Cutoff Shorts (These made the list for the second month in a row. Best denim shorts ever.)
- Madewell Sidewalk Low Top Sneaker (If you’re looking for the perfect super-comfy white sneaker to pair with everything, this is it.)
- Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (I hope you all use and love this as much as we do!)
- Pillow Slipper Slides (So ugly they’re almost cute? I wear them around our house non-stop.)
- Bentgo Kids Lunchboxes (We’ve used these lunchboxes for Chase and Ryder for years. Great quality!)
- Beyond Yoga Black Foil Speckle Ombré High-Waist Midi Leggings (SO flattering and a nice alternative to plain black leggings that are still black.)
- Knotted Headbands (Comes in a four-pack. So cute for summer!)
- Choo-Me Pouch Toppers (The BEST for mess-free independent feeding for baby.)
- Aviator Sunglasses (The sunglasses I wear non-stop. Such a good pricepoint!)
Easy Marinated Pork Chops (I used this marinade for grilled pork chops this week and, once again, it was a hit!)
Easy Black Bean Dip (A simple recipe that’s always a crowd pleaser.)
Question of the Day
What is one thing you’re loving this week?