Trademarked

Good morning!

It’s not even 8 a.m. and I feel like I’m on a roll. I’ve already spent an hour on a work-related project, completed a sweaty workout and sent out some important emails that were burning a hole in my inbox. I hope my day keeps truckin’ along at this speed!

30 Minute Treadmill Interval Workout

Today’s workout had me running, walking and sprinting on the treadmill.

I completed the following 30-minute treadmill interval workout:

30 minute treadmill workout

Holy crap, I felt like my legs might fly out from underneath me during the three 30-second intervals at 10.0. I felt like Phoebe Buffay running through Central Park with my legs and arms flailing.

phoebe running

10.0 is no joke!

I rounded out my workout with 15 minutes of abdominal exercises on the floor. One guy at the gym joked that he liked my moves when he saw me just lying there staring up at the ceiling. I feel like whenever I set out to do ab work on the floor, I spend half the time zoning out on my mat. I’m very hardcore.

Breakfast this morning included two toasted whole wheat waffles, topped with a combination of ricotta cheese and cottage cheese, a sliced pear and pumpkin pie spice.

pear waffle ricotta

waffles with pear

Gosh, I love this breakfast so much!

Trademarked

Big news for PBF!

Yesterday I received the news that Peanut Butter Fingers is officially a registered trademark!

registered trademarkThat lil’ “R” didn’t come cheap, but it’s definitely worth it since someone else could’ve previously come in, trademarked “Peanut Butter Fingers” and basically screwed me over.

I started the trademarking process last summer and after several months of waiting, I finally received the good news yesterday. The law firm I was working with notified me that they received the Trademark Registration Certificate from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for “Peanut Butter Fingers” yesterday morning and I should have it in my possession within the week!

I remember when we started the trademarking process, I was informed that the two issues with the name “Peanut Butter Fingers” that popped up were with Butterfinger candy bars and a pie previously made by TGIFriday’s that was called something along the lines of Peanut Butter Nutter Butterfinger Pie.

butterfinger

So now I am just waiting for the day that Butterfinger decides to make a Peanut Butterfinger candy bar so they can offer me millions to let them have free reign of my blog name.

Unfortunately I don’t see this happening anytime soon since Butterfingers are already peanut buttery, but let’s just say I’d be happy to make a deal, Nestle. Smile

Comments

I’m thinking 10 mph would send me flying right off the treadmill!

Congrats on your trademark. I’ve had an experience with that and it’s definitely worth it!

2. Rebecca Dee says

I love your blog – I’ve never actually left a comment on anyone’s blog but it’s been about 6 months now since I found yours and not a day goes by that I don’t check it :) This is one COMMITTED blog relationship we have!! ;)

As a busy Mom of two little ones I get TONS of great work out and recipe tips – I just need more time in the day!! Anyways, thanks for sharing!

hahaha that clip was hilarious! I totally know what you mean by the fact that you feel like you’re gonna fly out, or your legs are gonna leave your body~that’s how I feel with fast speeds, but the more practice we get, the less Phoebe-ish it feels! :P And I never thought about that whole trademark deal~very cool!

Congrats on the trademarking! As a second-year law student, I think you made a smart move! I also appreciate the disclaimer on the side of your blog. Some blogs are WAY lax about offering health and food advice. :)

Congrats on trademark-ship…or -dom…or whatever. Congrats! :) I am gonna try that workout today. I just snapped a photo of it w/ my phone b/c I’m super tech savvy like that. Happy Tuesday

Congratulations on the trademark! That’s very exciting news. Your treadmill workout looks like no joke. Its definitely not easy running at 10.0. I’m always worried I’m going to go flying off the treadmill!

7. Amy Rock says

I love all your Friends related comments and posts! I so wish that show was still on and, even though I own each of the 10 seasons, it’s always so much better when I’m flipping through the channels and it happens to be on. Thanks for keeping Friends alive!!! Even if we’re still living in the past. It’s ok.

8. Lauren says

Congratulations!! That’s wonderful news. Also, if someone came up to me and made a comment like that in the gym, I would be MORTIFIED. I’m impressed with your ability to just shake it off, I’ll remember that in the future! :)

I’m pretty sure I’d end up with a giant treadmill burn on the side of my face if I tried 10. on the treadmill. I’m as graceful as a hippo.

And congrats on the trademark! Thats awesome!

10. Sheila says

Congratulations on the trademark! FYI, I’m pretty sure that the copyright only applies to blogs, not anything else. For example, I can open a restaurant called “Peanut Butter Fingers” without any infringement.
    So sorry, but Nestle won’t be knocking on your door anytime soon.

Congratulations on the trademark! That’s such exciting news for your blog and your brand.

And 10.0!? That’s incredible! Did you feel like you might fall off the treadmill just a little? haha – Sounds like I would!

Congratulations, that is awesome! I chuckled at your ‘Peanut butterfinger’ comment. A peanut butterfinger sounds as ridiculously delicious as peanut butter M&M’s. And everyone knows peanut butter makes pretty much anything taste better!

13. Caitlyn says

Hi Julie! I love following your blog, especially for your recipe ideas. I was wondering if you could tell me how you make your fried eggs over easy turn out so well. I’ve recently had a hankering for fried eggs but I always seem to cook them too long and they turn out over hard instead of over easy. What’s your secret? Thanks! :)

P.S. Congrats on the trademark!

14. Vanessa says

Before I read the hunger games, that is exactly what I thought too! I also read it before it became really big.

I am soooooo excited to see it! We are seeing it Friday!

I think it does!!! I am nervous the movie will let me down! But I have heard some good things.

Team Peeta all the way!

15. Sharmeen says

Congrats on getting your service mark registered for your blog …. though I agree with Sheila in that Nestle will probably not knock on your door unless you paid to register your mark for food items.

Oh. My. I tried your treadmill workout today and I have a few things to say:

1. I almost flew off the treadmill doing 10 MPH. For real.
    2. I was DRENCHED in sweat when I was finished.
    3. That was the hardest 3.2 miles (I did a little extra) I’ve ever done.
    4. Thank you!

17. Sara says

This is fantastic! I am going to try it out tonight. Love your blog- as an aspiring writer/editor with lots of interest in health and fitness I can’t stop reading. Keep up the good work!