This recipe for Blueberry Banana Protein Pancakes is a Sunday morning staple every member of your family will enjoy. Naturally sweet thanks to bananas and deliciously filling, these Blueberry Banana Protein Pancakes do not require the use of any protein powder and taste delicious topped with everything from syrup and fresh berries to almond butter!
Several years ago – we’re talkin’ 2011! – I shared a recipe on my blog for my Banana Bread Protein Pancakes. They quickly became a breakfast favorite in our house and they continue to be one of the most popular recipes I’ve shared on this blog to date. I’ve heard from more than a few of you who love making big batches of the pancakes at a time to freeze and reheat in the future (a perfect kid-friendly breakfast idea!) and this inspired me to do the same. Reheat and eat is the way to go on busy mornings, right!?
Today I’m sharing an updated version of the protein pancake recipe and while it varies only slightly from the original, I think my fellow blueberry fanatics out there will want to give this one a shot. Since we’re just about to enter blueberry season, keep this pancake recipe on hand when blueberries go on mega-sale and they’re too deliciously sweet to resist!
The best part about these pancakes is that they’re made with ingredients we almost always have on hand at our house. The base is oatmeal and bananas and the punch of protein comes from cottage cheese which I promise you cannot taste one bit!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do in our family!
Blueberry Banana Protein Pancakes
Recipe very slightly adapted from my Banana Bread Protein Pancakes
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Place all ingredients except for blueberries in a high-powered blender and blend until batter is relatively smooth
- Fold blueberries into the batter
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat to a medium heat (Do not cook on high heat!)
- Pour batter onto the warm pan and allow to cook until edges start to solidify
- Flip pancakes and allow to cook until batter is no longer runny
- Top with syrup, fresh berries or banana slices and enjoy
Note: I initially shared this recipe on my Instagram feed yesterday afternoon as part of a collaboration and giveaway with Vitamix. This blog post is not sponsored or endorsed by Vitamix but the giveaway on my IG feed is still rockin’ if you’d like to enter!