I have an easy and tasty recipe to share with you guys this afternoon.
And it features these little babies…
The benefits of chia seeds are numerous. They’re packed with fiber (one ounce contains 11 grams), omega-3 fatty acids, protein and calcium. They’re linked to improving heart health, fighting belly fat and maintaining healthy bones and teeth.
And, when combined with almonds, almond milk, cherries and a bit of honey, they transform into a tapioca-like pudding that tastes great and packs a nutritional punch!
This cherry almond chia seed pudding comes together in no time at all and only requires one bowl to make, so there’s practically no clean up involved. That’s something I can get behind!
Cherry and almond flavors take over this pudding thanks to the crunchy almond pieces and sweet crushed cherries you’ll find in every spoonful. It’s a recipe you can enjoy for breakfast or dessert.
This recipe for Cherry Almond Chia Seed Pudding is dairy-free, easy to make and packed with almond and cherry flavors! Enjoy it for breakfast or a healthy dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (your favorite milk of choice may also be used)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup frozen cherries
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stir together and place in the refrigerator.
- After 10 minutes, stir the pudding and, using a spoon, crush the defrosting cherries and stir again to disperse the crushed cherries and their juice throughout the pudding.
- Refrigerate for an additional 40 minutes or overnight.
- Before serving, stir pudding, top with additional almonds if desired and enjoy!
Keywords: breakfast, chia seed pudding, chia seeds, dessert, Recipes
I hope you love it!