I actually used light coconut milk in the dish but it still tasted decadent!
I jotted down the ingredients and measurements of everything as I cooked just in case our dinner ended up tasting good enough to share and I realized that this dinner is both vegetarian and vegan. And delicious!
I loved the blend of flavors of ginger and curry and the crunch from the chopped cashews. This meal was also quite filling!Print
I loved the blend of flavors of ginger and curry and the crunch from the chopped cashews. This meal was also quite filling!
- 1 13.5-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Heat olive oil in a pot on medium high heat. Add onion and broccoli and stir for approximately 5 minutes, until onion begins to soften.
- Add cashews and chickpeas and stir for another minute. Pour in coconut milk, ginger, curry and garlic salt. (You may add additional spices if desired or increase the amount of spices to taste.)
- Allow to cook on low for approximately 20 minutes. Add brown rice to pot and stir.
- Scoop rice mixture into bowls and enjoy!
Keywords: brown rice, cashews, curry, dinner, ginger, recipes, vegan, vegetarian
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we did in our house!