You may already have most of the ingredients on hand in your pantry already!
Coconut oil + Curry Powder + Cilantro + Salt + Pepper + Cashews + Butternut squash
And I am all for buying pre-cubed butternut squash if it’s available at your local supermarket. For some reason, I always get a weird nervous feeling whenever I slice into a particularly hard butternut squash (or spaghetti squash, for that matter), so if I can find the squash already sliced and diced for me, I am all about it!
To make this dish, simply combine all of the ingredients (except for the cashews) in a large bowl and stir until the butternut squash is coated in coconut oil and spices. Then stick it in the oven and roast while you’re preparing the rest of your meal.Print
Coconut oil + Curry Powder + Cilantro + Salt + Pepper + Cashews + Butternut squash… each of these ingredients made this dish mouth watering and the perfect accompaniment to the Salmon I prepared for dinner!
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup roasted salted cashews
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- If coconut oil is solid, add to a large bowl and microwave until liquid (about 25 seconds). Toss butternut squash and remaining ingredients (except for the cashews) in the oil and stir until squash is evenly coated.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping the squash about halfway through.
- Remove from the oven, place in a large bowl, add cashews and toss again.
- Enjoy immediately.
Keywords: curried butternut squash, roasted butternut squash
We loved it as a side with salmon, but I think it would also be fabulous with chicken or even turkey as a special Thanksgiving side dish! If you decide to give it a go, I hope you love it!