I am off to teach indoor cycling this morning but wanted to quickly pop in to share last week’s playlist with you.
This is the playlist from the first class I taught, so I obviously hope to improve the format and flow a little bit with time, but the class really seemed to get into it and enjoy everything, so I’m definitely keeping this playlist on hand in my phone for future use! (And thank you for your music suggestions yesterday! I used them to help me create today’s playlist!!)
A few quick notes: The slower songs in this playlist (“Latch” + “Dirty Diana”) worked well for climbs. I was really a fan of using “Shake It Off” for sprints (we sprinted during the chorus and recovered during the verses) because the chorus is almost exactly 25 seconds which is short but long enough to really elevate your heart rate!
And here are links to all of the songs so you can easily check out any that might be unfamiliar to you:
- You Can Call Me Al (Paul Simon)
- I Gotta Feeling (The Black Eyed Peas)
- Shake It Off (Taylor Swift)
- Sing (Ed Sheeran)
- Latch (Disclosure feat. Sam Smith)
- Sweet Nothing (Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch)
- Stuck Like Glue (Sugarland)
- Dirty Diana (Michael Jackson)
- Bang Bang (Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj)
- Call On Me (Eric Prydz)
- Gettin’ Over You (David Guetta & Chris Willis)
- Bulletproof (La Roux)
- Cruise (Florida Georgia Line feat. Nelly)
- Shark In The Water (The Cocktails)
- Next To Me (Emeli Sande)
And here are a few more rockin’ workout playlists for ya!
- Heat Things Up Playlist
- High Energy Playlist
- Triathlon Playlist
- Rockin’ Playlist
- Oldies But Goodies Playlist
- Disney Playlist
- ’90s Playlist
- Run, Run, Run Playlist
- Spring 2012 Playlist
- Summer 2011 Playlist
- Spring 2011 Playlist
- Workout Playlist Trifecta
- ZOOMA Half Marathon Playlist
- Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon Playlist
- Chicago Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon Playlist
Questions of the Morning
- What is your favorite chill song to listen to during a cool down?
- What is your go-to pump up song of the moment right now?