When you have a raging sweet tooth like I do, a healthy dessert that can double as a filling breakfast is a big-time win.
Anytime you tell me that something with the word pudding in it is not a total sugar bomb and a legitimately healthy treat, I’m in. You guys know by now how much I love chia seed pudding. There’s something about the tapioca-like texture I adore and knowing I’m diving into a treat that’s rich in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids is all the better.
To make this Greek yogurt chia seed pudding parfait a little more filling, I decided to incorporate plain Greek yogurt in an effort to amp up the protein of the pudding and give it a thick, creaminess. A splash of pure maple syrup was all it needed to give it a punch of sweetness before it was time for the best part… The toppings!
To offset the thick, creamy texture of the chia pudding, I added crunchy pecans, fresh slices of banana and soft, chewy Van’s gluten-free banana nut granola. (Van’s new granola offers 14 grams of nutrient-dense, gluten-free whole grains and is just 120 calories per serving!) When it comes to parfaits, toppings are key. Don’t be shy. Load ‘em up!
The great thing about this parfait is that you can customize it a bit and play around with the toppings. For a more indulgent dessert, try adding a sprinkle of butterscotch or white chocolate chips. For a more tropical feel, sprinkle toasted coconut flakes on top!Print
This filling and slightly sweet Greek yogurt chia seed pudding parfait is gluten-free and packed with protein, healthy fats and fresh fruit. Enjoy it for dessert or a fun breakfast in the morning.
- Combine milk, chia seeds, Greek yogurt and maple syrup in a medium-size bowl. Stir to combine and break up Greek yogurt clumps.
- Refrigerate for two hours or overnight to allow chia pudding to thicken.
- Divide half of the chia pudding between two cups. Top with half of the toppings, evenly distributing the granola, pecans and banana slices between the bowls.
- Add another layer of the chia pudding on top of the toppings.
- Top each parfait with remaining the remaining toppings and enjoy!
Keywords: BREAKFAST RECIPES, DESSERT, DESSERTS/SWEET TREATS, GLUTEN-FREE, RECIPES, SNACKS
Question of the Day
- When it comes to breakfast foods, do you prefer a savory or sweet morning meal?
Disclaimer: This blog post is sponsored by Van’s. I truly hope you enjoy the recipe and thank you sincerely for your support surrounding sponsored posts. I really appreciate it! Van’s granola is available at grocery stores, mass merchandisers and natural food retailers nationwide. To find Van’s granola in a store near you visit their store locator.