I whipped up a batch of my Healthy Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip but also wanted to bring something with a little sweetness to share. I know a bunch of my coworkers teach early morning fitness classes like I do and are always in the market for grab-and-go breakfast ideas, so I figured I’d make a snack that could also double as a breakfast recipe. And these no bake breakfast cookies were born!
Though the cookies may look like they’re speckled with chocolate chunks, they are actually made with raw cacao nibs, a super food containing a rich supply of antioxidants, magnesium, fiber (one ounce has nine grams!) and iron.
Cacao nibs are chocolaty, crunchy and give these cookies that chocolate chip cookie taste without the added sugar.
No Bake Breakfast Cookies
Makes 8 small cookies
- 8 dates (pits removed)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Combine all ingredients except for cacao nibs in a food processor.
- Pulse until a thick “dough” is formed. (Depending on the consistency of your nut butter, you may need to add a little more to get everything to stick together.)
- Add cacao nibs to dough and shape into cookies. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Enjoy!
This is another recipe that you can customize a bit and roll into balls to make a batch of “No Bake Breakfast Bites” if you’d prefer.
But if you give me the choice between a breakfast cookie and a breakfast bite, I’ll take the cookie. Yes!
More Quick Breakfast Recipes
- No Bake Granola Bars
- Overnight Oats
- Three-Minute Egg White Oatmeal
- Gluten Free Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins
Question of the Afternoon
- What are some of your favorite grab-and-go breakfasts?