30 Minute Incline Treadmill Workout

Good morning! I hope you had a great weekend!

Thanks so much for playing along with Sadie’s big “pregnancy” announcement yesterday. I had a blast putting that post together and am glad you guys took it in stride! (We also managed to fool my mother-in-law and her boyfriend with that post! Muhaha.)

Though puppy Sadies aren’t in the future, if some kind of miracle conception occurs, I promise that those who were interested in her offspring will get first dibs on their very own mini Sadie. (Please understand that with that cute face comes one heck of a needy and insane personality.)

And for those of you who thought the big pregnancy announcement was coming from me, no little baby Fagans are popping up around here any time soon. Ryan and I are slow-movers. We dated more than six years before getting married and plan to enjoy our marriage as a twosome for a little while before babies enter the picture.

Until then, I will continue on with my obsession with my dog.

sleepy dog

(Sleepy Sadie pictures are a personal favorite. Smile)

Sunday

The weekend concluded in a lovely way yesterday around here.

We spent our Sunday at church, cleaning the house, hiking with Sadie and eating pizza.

pizza night 002

My goodness, I love pizza night.

Ryan and I haven’t had take-out pizza in what feels like forever and ordered a pizza with tons of veggies, sausage and pepperoni from Five Star pizza, a small pizza place with a few locations in Florida and Georgia.

The pizza was wonderful! I forgot house much I love pizza until I took my first bite. I could get used to Sunday night pizza.

30 Minute Incline Treadmill Workout

To those treadmill workout-loving readers, I have another hard workout for you this morning.

Before tackling a strength workout at the gym today, I did the following 30 minute treadmill workout that focused on hills and fast running. While the workout only included six minutes of running, the incline walking was really tough.

30 minute treadmill workout

This workout kicked my butt. Running at a 15.0 incline at a 5.0 pace made my heart rate skyrocket!

Breakfast was the usual!

egg sandwich with pear

I made myself an egg sandwich with two fried eggs, muenster cheese and strawberry jelly, served atop a toasted Thomas’ whole wheat English muffin. (For those southeast U.S. readers, Thomas’ English muffins are BOGO at Publix this week!)

egg sandwich with jelly

While my egg sandwich was tasty as always, the pear was the highlight of the meal.

sliced pear

Pears are on point in Florida right now. Perfectly juicy and relatively soft without being bruised!

Oreck Forever Series Gold Giveaway Winner

Congratulations to…

iris lee

#45 – Iris Lee!

Please email me at pbfingers@gmail.com with your mailing address and we’ll get your brand new vacuum to you ASAP! Congrats!

Questions of the Morning

Let’s talk babies!

• If you’re a parent (or expecting), when did you have your first child?
  • If you’re not a parent, when do you think you’d like to have your first child?

I remember in high school thinking that I wanted to get married at 23 and have my first child at 25. Ha!

Comments

I know what you mean about being a ‘slow mover’. My husband and I dated for 7 years before getting married! I can’t wait to have babies, but we are thinking maybe in a couple years. Until then, my puppy is our child like Sadie is yours! Ha 🙂

Wow, that incline sounds killer!! As for kiddos, I have no idea when I’ll have my own… I’m 23 right now and kinda still loving rocking the single life, but I think I’d like to make 29 or 30 a target…. a lot has to happen before that though!

I love Sadie’s face in that picture! 🙂

We’ll probably be trying for kiddos within the next 6 months or so. We’re doing a European cruise this summer, and we figure that’s our last BIG vacation before we start thinking of grown-up things, like kids. 😉

4. Amy @ In The Mixing Bowl says

No babies for us for a while either! We’ve been married 2 and a half years, but we always say we’re just enjoying the flexibility and selfishness that comes with just being a couple.

You have to be completely unselfish as a parent, and wer’re just not ready for that!

5. Nicole says

I always wanted to be married by 25 and have my first child before when I was 28….that’s not going to happen. Now, more realistically, married by 28 and kid at 30…I still need my “me only” time 🙂

I’ve always said I don’t want birth any of my own children, and I have stuck to that since I was younger. I am going to be 27 this year and have decided that I would adopt a child if the time was right. Plenty of kids need a good home, I was once one of those kids and I am ever so thankful for the life my family gave to me!

When I was up at college in Gainesville, I lived off of Five Star Pizza! I still dream about their garlic rolls. Mmm… I used to think that I wanted kids before 30, but now that I’m engaged and thinking about all the things I still want to do (grad school, enjoy married life, etc.), I’m not really setting any timeline for myself. I figure when it’s time, I’ll know (although, it’s hard convincing my parents and grandparents that it’s okay to wait)!

8. Jenny says

I used to think I’d have a few kids by now. But I just turned 30 and am so happy to be kid-free! In hindsight I can’t imagine spending my 20s raising babies. I love kids and think they’re awesome, but I also know that it takes a lot of work and and a lot of selflessness to be a good parent and my SO and I are perfectly content with our life at the moment. Plus I love no-stress vacations and sleeping in on the weekends–once baby enters the picture, those things are gone for awhile! I really like that you two are taking it slow and understand the importance of enjoying your marriage before kids.

We are getting married in August. I want to have a couple of years of “just us” time to travel and do things that are much more difficult to do once you have children. That being said.. I can’t wait until the time is right for us to have kids!

10. Katie says

Well, I’m 22 right now but when I was in high school I expected to be married by the age of 21 (insane, right?). I live in a town where the average age a woman gets married is 19, no joke. Its encouraged by my town because they are super religious (LDS). For me, I expect to get married around 27ish and have my first child around 30ish-subject to change 🙂

11. laura says

I started early, I was married at 22, had my 1st daughter at 23 and am currently 22 weeks pregnant with another girl. 🙂

I know what you mean about the “I’ll be married with kids by age 25″….when you’re 13, that seems so distant! But now that I am approaching my 24th birthday, I am SO HAPPY I am not married with kids. My boyfriend and I live together, and plan to get married eventually…and mayyyybe have kids….eventually. Now I’m shooting for babies by 35, if at all.

13. Alexandra says

I used to think I would have my first baby at 24… well I’m 24 now and a baby is so far out of my plans right now! Wow how my perspectives have changed!

14. Dana says

May I please clear up a very, very, very common misconception? Immaculate conception doesn’t mean virgin birth. Virgin birth means virgin birth. Immaculate conception actually refers to the concept that the Virgin Mary was born free of original sin from her moment of conception. If you don’t believe me – look it up! (I’m neither Catholic nor Christian but was a history major in college, and was pretty blown away upon learning this…. how did we all learn it incorrectly?)

15. Sarah says

We got married at 28, had our sons at 33 (conceived after one last vacation to Jamaica!) and 36 and this all started almost 33 years ago. It really worked for us! I am amazed how many of your readers are now unmarried-or-without kids in their 20s…and I think it is terrific! Live life – grow up – make a place for yourself – choose a great, lasting SO that you really can like & love for a lifetime!The only caveat…now my sons are 25 & 27 with girlfriends but I may have to wait 10 years for those grandkids as they are “growing up, living life and taking their time” just like their parents! Haha! Totally behind you Julie & Ryan and many of your readers. (But – it can work “both” ways – my sister married at 21, 53 yrs ago with 2 sons and 7 grandkids! Different strokes!)

Just a quick note to thank you for the breakfast inspiration — this morning’s post-workout egg and Muenster sandwich was the best!

As for babies, I’m with Coco… The Husband and I might have kids or we might not. I love the fact that I get to be an aunt to some pretty amazing little ones and leave my options open to see if the urge for my own brood strikes.

My husband and I had a pretty whirlwind romance – he proposed on the 5th date but since he had to fly in from the UK to go on a date with me, it was over a few months. Because of that I think, we’re in no rush to have kids. We didn’t live in the same country until a week before the wedding, so we’re still enjoying that two-some time! Plus, I just turned 25 so I feel like I have LOADS of time left!

Haha Sadie is such a cutie 🙂 I’m glad I’m not the only person obsessed with my dog!! I would love to have kids, but I also love to travel and I enjoy the alone time I have to spend with my husband. When it happens it will be amazing.. But until then I am very happy with how things are now.

Haha I had a similar thing that in high school I thought I would be married at 24 and having babies around 27ish. Wellll I’m now 24 and not getting married anytime soon! The new age for babies for me is hopefully 30-31?? Who knows!!

Well I’m 28 right now and getting married in August. So I would like to have my first child before I’m 30. My fiance and after our wedding will have been together for almost 7 years. So I don’t want to wait too long until we start trying 🙂

My fiance and I just got engaged last month, plan on getting married next year, and definitely plan to enjoy the married life pre-children for awhile (we’re only 22 right now). So for the meantime we’re happy just spoiling the little dog of ours 🙂

But I feel the same as you, if we were to have children I’d like to have them before 30 if the timing felt right. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see! 🙂

I had my first child, a son, at 32 and my second, a daughter, at age 35. I guess that is kind of late, but like you said, we really wanted to enjoy our childless years together. And there are days, I’ll be totally honest here, where I fondly remember those days. But I wouldn’t trade my kids for any of them. They are wonderful little creatures and they make our days fun. Your pizza looks so great. We have Pizza Fridays at our house where the kids get to watch a movie with dinner (all other nights we eat at the table with no tv or distractions). If you want to try it, try Jim Lahey’s No Knead Pizza dough recipe, we double it and freeze some for the following week!

I’m 28 and still waiting around for our first. My husband is going to be 35 in a few weeks and he’s totally ready. I am too but like you said I really do love the whole twosome thing we have goin on.
    We’re not preventing but nothin so far! I’m okay with whatever happens when it happens!

24. Amber says

I had my first child, a girl, on 11/16/11. Her name is Claire. She is my heart! I never knew I could have so much love for someone until she came along!

25. Jennifer says

LOL, when I was in high school I thought I would be married by 23 and have kids by 25 also! I’m 29 and the hubby and I just found out we are expecting our first!! We are very excited. 🙂 I will also add that thanks to my raging pregnancy hormones I am now CRAVING pizza with a vengeance! Maybe for dinner.

26. Cassie D. says

My husband and I will be married for two years this May. A lot of our friends have babies, but we are looking to enjoy some more “us” time before we have one!

Don’t you love how as soon as you get married, people start asking you when you’ll have a baby? I have started to tell people that when I have a huge belly, you’ll know…until then, stop asking lol!

I had my first baby on 5/17/11 and i am looking to get pregnant within the next few months! as soon as i had my son i said “ok when can we have another!”

but i do agree with all of the people who want selfish time for themselves. i wouldnt call that selfish – it is good to make that decision maturely and enjoy your time together. it is next to impossible to have “me” time once you have a baby (unless u have to a ton of babysitters and family members around to help)

I always thought I’d get married closer to 30 and have kids when my biological clock started ticking. Now here I am 24 and married! We’re both in professional school though so the biological ticking clock will probably still be about the time for kids. I love being married though, and I’ve got a nephew expecting to make his appearance in July. I’m going to be an awesome aunt instead of a mom for awhile! 🙂

That was such a good April Fool’s joke! I completely forgot it was the first and was totally fooled. Unfortunately, our little Zekey won’t father any puppies, although it would have been cute to see!

Aww, Sadie looks so sweet and innocent in that picture!

I’m not a parent yet (but have serious baby fever)! Like you guys though, my Fiance and I want to spend some time together as a twosome before babies. I’d say at least another two years before we even start talking about it!

31. laurel says

My boyfriend and I have been dating over 7 years now, we’re both 24. I am itching to get engaged. I always thought I’d be married by 23 and kids around 25. Now I’m thinking married 25 and kids 26-27. I am getting impatient waiting. Ha!

32. Katie says

I got married at 24 and will turn 28 in June. I hope to be pregnant by my 30th birthday. I would like to be done having kids by 33.

33. Carolyn says

Wow lots of comments about wanting to wait to have kids. I think whatever choice people decide is what works best for them and that’s what is important. My husband and I dated for 3.5 years, got married (I was 22) and waited 4 years to have our first kid. I loved spending that much time with just us before starting out family. However, I also knew I wanted a larger family so I didn’t want to wait too long:). I have three sons ages 4.5, 2.5, and 10 months they were born when I was 26, 28, & 30. Being a mom has opened up my eyes in SO many ways, it has by far been the most amazing thing I have ever done in my life. I honestly dont even care if I ever experience anything else in life besides watching my kids grow up.

I’ll most likely be the odd one out saying this but we’ve been married for 5.5 years and have no plans on babies. I’ve never really wanted them and now seeing all our friends with them has completely reinforced that in my mind (and his). My weimaraner is enough of a baby 🙂

• says

Gina, that’s a good point I forgot to add in my post. Seeing all of our friends with kids had to be the best birth control ever…LOL Oh my gosh, it looks SO not fun to me!

• says

Nicole- just read your comment…AMEN! Can you come be my friend please b/c I think there’s about 5 of us in the entire world that feel that way! I cannot stand being among our friends (mostly my husband’s friends wives) and listening to the bitching and moaning about the children. If you don’t want to put up with that stuff please dear lord, explain to me why you decided to have 3!!!?? omg, i could go on forever… Glad to hear someone who’s on the same page! 🙂

• says

Oh, I know! I’m so happy when I find someone who doesn’t have baby fever! LOL I could go on forever too. Let’s be friends! 😉

I just added you to my Google reader. You’ll see me in your comments! (But not in a stalker-ish way, I swear.)

35. Heather says

I have baby fever so bad! I’m 23 and my husband will be 28 in a couple of weeks, and we’ve been married for just over a year. We got married having known each other for 3 1/2 months, though, so we’re used to doing things fast. We’re in the “let’s just see what happens” phase now, though. We’re not really TRYING, but we’re not trying to prevent a baby either.

You totally fooled me on the Sadie pregnancy joke!

When I was younger I thought I would have all my babies by the time I was 30. I am 27 now and no babies yet. If I still want to have 3, before 30 will be a bit of a challenge. 🙂

Ha! I couldn’t even begin to tell you when I’m going to want to have kids … I’m establishing my career right now, marriage isn’t even in the picture (because there is no guy around hahaha). A dog is in the future though 🙂 It’s interesting to read other reader’s responses!

38. kyla says

I’m 22 and have been with my boyfriend for over a year and a half so although I am not getting engaged anytime soon, I’m sure it will happen by at least 24. Babies though, I want kids before 30 but he wants to wait so we shall see!

Kids? I can’t really keep my plants alive, let alone an animal….maybe a baby in the next decade, but I better get a puppy first to test my hand at dog parenting! 🙂

40. Rosalie says

My hubby and I will be celebrating our three year wedding anniversary next month, and we are slow movers as well 🙂 We are planning on a Sandals vacation next summer (2013) to Jamaica and we think that will be our last vacation just the two of us! By then we will be 26 and 27 and should be ready to start a family… For right now we are enjoying it being just the two of us!

41. Shalini says

I was the same way in hs! I wanted to be married by 22 and have 3 kids lol so much has changed though! I now actually don’t want ANY kids and probably want to get married in my 30’s!!! Oh to be young..

42. Shannon says

We’re getting married in August and have been together 4 years. Babies are at least three more years away 🙂
    On a not so great note.. Our kitty is really sick and she may have to be put down today. That picture of Sadie made me smile and those have been rare around here these last few days.

I think it’s wonderful you’ve decided to wait . . .

My husband and I had originally decided on no children. But after we were married 3 years I caught baby fever. I had my first at 32 after 5 years of marriage, and my 2nd last year at 36. I have a handsome little boy, and beautiful baby girl! I’m glad we waited though, we had time to do things we can’t do now, we found ourselves and got into our groove as a couple, and felt truly ready for children and to be parents when the time came. To me, there is no greater joy in my life than my children.

44. Katie says

Out of the handful of blogs I read, I closely associate with you more so than others because of your crazy obsession with your doggie (my lab is SPOILED!!) & having no kids. I’m currently 25 & my bf (of 6 years) & I have talked about not having kids. Right now we are enjoying the life we have with the freedom to come & go. BUT I’m a firm believer in the saying ‘Never say Never’.

PS: I totally had the picture in my head of having 5 kids & being a soccer mom when I was younger. Eeek!

45. Meghan says

I got married at 25 and we had our first baby 1/9/12. I was 27 but have turned 28 since then. Baby girl is 12 weeks old today! Since someone just went down for her nap, mama’s going to have her breakfast. Pancakes sound awesome right now.

46. Jackie says

Married on my 27th birthday and daughter #1 the day before my 31st birthday! #2 came along 18 months later.

I would not exchange the first three childless years of marriage for anything in the world. But, I the last 7 years have been awesome too! I’m a lucky gal!

47. Elizabeth says

Dated for 4 years, married at 24, first child at 27 and second child at 29. Exactly how I had hoped it would work out! Seemed to be the path most of our friends took as well. I will say it is very nice to have kids around the same time as your friends (and siblings) since after kids are born you end up hanging out with those couples more often than your childless friends. Some people may disagree, but that is how it has worked out for us.

48. Pattie Welch says

Enjoy the time with your hubby for sure. We were married at 27 and didn’t have our first baby until 34 years old. Second baby came along quickly there after at 35.

I got married last year when I was 25 (my husband is the same age). I didn’t think I would want to have kids for YEARS, but now I’m thinking maybe 2 years or so after our wedding would be good? I think once we move into a house with more space, I’ll get the “itch” more. I definitely want to have baby #1 by the age of 30, though!

Congrats Iris on the giveaway win! I am super jealous! All weekend I dreamt of winning 🙂 i’ll just have to bite the golden bullet and get me one!

Julie, I LOVE your Easter rice krispies and am making some for Thursday!

I’m 24 and even though I thought I’d be married by now as a high schooler I’m really glad I’m not. I need to be alone until the day I find my perfect match. Right now I feel like a child might be in my thirties. Adoption might be a good idea, always wanted to adopt… But until then, me and my cat!

I am so sad about the Oreck, guess I’ll just have to pony up the dough and buy one eventually! I was married when I was 23 and had TWINS at 24…ya, lol, we are really slow movers HA! We’ll be celebrating our 5 year anniversary this summer and we’ve been together for almost 15 years so when we got married we knew we wanted kids we didn’t know we would get 2 for 1, but God works in mysterious ways and we are so blessed. I will tell my daughters to take it slow and enjoy every minute of married life as a twosome before having kids, its such a special time and shouldn’t be rushed 🙂

53. Elisabeth says

I don’t have any kids (nor am I married), and I’m not sure I want them. I love kids, but I just don’t think I love them enough to want my own. Maybe some day I’ll change my mind, but since I’m 30 already, kids are probably not in my future. 🙂

54. Alisha says

I was definitely one that thought I would be married and have kids after college. I’m 28 now and I’m in a relationship that I believe will eventually lead to that. Even with that I’m thinking that it won’t happen for quite a few years so maybe around 33?

Someone in my family thought I would get pregnant in high school, which I’m not sure why they thought this besides the fact it had happened to them and their daughter? And now I hear from this same person “Don’t you want to give your parents grandbabies?”

All of my younger cousins have at least a kid now and they make me feel like I’m odd for not and already being 6 years older than them. Nobody is the same. I’m just not ready yet. I want to experience things and do stuff while I can.

55. whitney says

I’m 25 and my husband is 29, we’ve been together 7 years and married for 3… I think we’re heading that way towards starting a family, but neither one of us feel rushed.

The idea of pregnancy and having a baby sounds great, but super scary. I know that will change when the time is right. I hope so anyways.

56. Lindsay says

I totally agree with your wanting to spend time as a married two-some! We were 26 and 25 when we got married and I was 29 before we welcomed our first bundle. While life now is an incredible new stage (I say new… the kid is almost 7…), I so cherish our time of being “just us.” (And, I’m in no way counting down to the time we can return to it…)

57. Kristin says

I always thought I would get married at 25 and have my first child at age 30…I think only because those were the same ages my mom got married and had me..haha. Turns out I’m 27 now, dating my boyfriend of 15 months and we do plan to marry at some point. He’s 2 years younger. I would like to be married soon and have a first child around age 30, but I would like to have more time of “just us”…unfortunately, I would really prefer not to have kids past the age of 35. I don’t like that women have this “clock” and it guys don’t as much.

58. Jenny says

I was 24 when my husband and I got married (after dating for almost 7 years). We had our first when I was 27 then 29 . We had our third 2 weeks ago–I am now 32. We enjoyed 2 vacations and bought a house before kids, which was great.

the treadmill workout looks great! I’ll be trying it soon.

Congrats to Sadie! When I was growing up I didn’t think I’d get married.. but now my boyfriend Kyle and I talk about it all the time. It’ll will happen soon enough…. we know we will want kids in 5 years! Works for me, 30 sounds about right 🙂

60. Kaella says

We are currently expecting our first! (we just announced last week)

I always thought I would be 28 when I got married and had a baby and I got married at 28 and will be 29 when baby arrives 🙂

My husband and I have been married for 3 and a half years now and no babies in sight either. We want to enjoy each other for a while. Probably another 2 or 3 years till we have children.

Yeah, I’m with you… I always thought I’d be married by 24 or 25 and have kids before my 30s… but now i’m almost 26, and I do see a wedding coming up in the next year or two… but definitely not having kids until my 30s. Oh well haha… I’m also obsessed with my pup, she’s definitely our baby right now.

63. Heather S says

Married right out pf college at 21 and just had my first baby this january at 23. We met when I was a freshman in highschool and dated once ans reconnected when I was in college 🙂

64. ashley says

My husband and I got married in 2010, I was 25. I never had an age in mind. I didn’t look too far into the future in that respect when in my teens to really think about it. And, as far as kids are concerened. I really don’t know. There’s more to it than age for me. It’s about the right circumstances. And, you can’t really predict those.

65. Stephanie Y. says

I am 26 and am expecting my 1st at the end of the month. I always wanted to be married and have my 1st kid by 25 so I am kind of close on that! I got married and pregnant before my 26th birthday.

I really thought I would have a baby by the time I was 24 (I got married at 23 and we started trying right away). I had no idea that I’d be almost 29 and still no baby! Life certainly happens when we’re busy making plans. I hope you have an easy time conceiving when you’re ready, because it’s frustrating to feel so out of control!

67. Shannon says

I always thought I would get married at 24 and have kids at 27. Instead, I’m 24 and have almost been married for 2 years!! Crazy. Our goal is to pay off loans, and once they are paid, we will have kids…probably 2 more years. Married life with no kids is pretty great.

68. Lizzie says

Julie – I keep forgetting to comment on here and tell you that the bagel + egg + cheese + jelly sandwich is my new favorite breakfast item! How did I not try this until now?!

69. Rachelle says

I got married at 25 and had my first child, a beautiful girl, at age 29. Perfect timing, in my opinion. I really enjoyed married life w/o kids. We now have 3 and they keep us very busy, they are still young, (youngest is 2) and very demanding. We are done and looking forward to them getting older and being able to go and do things that are difficult with a baby. I tell everyone to wait a few years to have kids, it’s nice to have that time with just the two of you.

Slow mover over here too! Been with the BF for over 6 years. Planning on buying a place first before getting married and being more secure in our careers before kids…I’m hoping to be 29 or 30 for my 1st child.

I had my first (and second) child at age 42 … After 23yrs of marriage and “infertility”.
    My mother sat down and had a whopping drink when she heard … It’s not easy being grandma (and foer dad grandpa) of two little terrorists (sorry girls) at age 84 & 85 !

72. Dolce says

Well I am only 17 (18 in NINE DAYS!!), but I think it would be nice to be married at 23-25, and have a baby/babies around 27. I would like to actually have 1 or 2, and adopt 1 or 2 🙂

73. Anne says

I got married at 25 and at 27 (almost 28) we are expecting our first! My goal was to have a baby before I’m 30! Maybe I can make it two before 30, haha! 🙂 We’re currently living abroad and we’ll be going back to the States in 2 years. Our plan was to be married for two years before having a baby, so mission accomplished! 🙂 hehe

74. Lisa says

So Sadie is not spayed? If interested, you might want to research the benefits of spaying, regardless of whether you plan on breeding. (And I am sure you know not to do that! ;0 )
    Altering pets hugely decreases their chances of getting cancer.
    Specifically for females, spaying helps prevent uterine infections and breast cancer, which is fatal in about 50 percent of dogs and 90 percent of cats.
    Just sharing in case you didn’t know…

75. Sara says

I truly think walking on an incline is such a good workout. Although i’ll be honest, I find it nearly impossible to do without holding on, especially if I’m higher than a 6-7 incline. Some people say it’s not nearly as good of a workout if you hold onto the treadmill with your hands. Do you agree? Do you hold on when you do the high incline portions of your treatmill workouts??

• Sara says

I had about 45 minutes at work to sneak over to the gym and tried this workout…. without holding on (ah!). And WHOA. I was breathing HARD. That 5mph on the high incline was ROUGH. It felt good though! I’ll have to try these more often – I love mixing things up from my usual routine. Thanks so much for replying and posting this workout. =)

I’m with ya on enjoying marriage as a twosome for a while! My husband and I dated for 7 years before we got married when we were 26, and then we waited 3 years before we decided to start a family since we wanted to travel and just enjoy being together. I actually just had our first baby 4 months ago! It was a perfect time for us 🙂

There’s another question to ask: If you’re not a parent, do you want children? 😉

No, no, no, no. No, thank you. Really…GOD, no. I love my husband and I love our dog, and if I had to give one solitary second of my life up to a human being that NEEDED me, I’d be so depressed. Infants are cute, but gosh, kids are a life sentence. Infants turn into toddlers, who then turn into tweens, and teens….oh my God, please no. I like sleeping in a bit on weekends, going hiking or kayaking, drinking coffee leisurely in our sunroom, and having the freedom to pick up and go to the beach, go to the mountains, or simply do NOTHING with my time. I couldn’t give that up.

You know what else? I’m of the opinion that if a person wants a child, they have to want everything or anything that comes with it – you must be prepared to give up your life forever if, God forbid, you have a special needs child that truly needs you forever. You must be willing to accept ANY outcome – not just the healthy, happy option. I don’t think enough would-be parents think about that, and that’s a huge mistake. We can’t always get what we want, you know? So we have to be ready to sacrifice forever. And I’m not ready for that, and I’ll never be.

Dogs only for me, please. 🙂

I had my first at 28 and my last at 35 (4 in total). In hindsight I wish I had of had my last at 28. I think the best time to have them is in your 20’s (wink, wink) 🙂