I love oatmeal and whether it’s hot or cold outside, you can find me eating oats in some form year-round. Traditional stove-top oats, baked oatmeal, crunchy granola, oatmeal muffins and, of course, overnight oats! When it comes to easy breakfast recipes, it’s hard to beat overnight oats. I mean just look at the steps:
- Combine ingredients in a jar and stir
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- Add a splash of milk in the morning and stir
- Top with favorite toppings and enjoy
See what I mean? It’s almost as simple as pouring yourself a bowl of cereal in the morning but so much more satisfying!
I’ve shared a handful of overnight oats recipes on the blog throughout the years and wanted to share a recipe with you guys today that incorporates some of my favorite ingredients. Of course it calls for a base of oats but also incorporates chia seeds, Greek yogurt, cinnamon, chopped pecans and a splash of maple syrup.
I love the way the natural sweetness of the maple syrup plays off of the crunchy, buttery chopped pecans and feel good knowing that pecans, little nutritional powerhouses, are incorporated into each bite. A one-ounce serving of pecans adds 3g of plant-based protein and fiber to the overnight oats. Compared to other nuts, pecans are among the highest in fiber and lowest in carbs (4g) per serving as well as a good source of zinc and an excellent source of manganese, a mineral that is essential for metabolism and bone health. Starting my day with some of that sounds pretty sweet to me!
And of course don’t forget to top your maple pecan overnight oats with your favorite toppings! I personally love fresh berries and more pecans (can’t get enough) but flaky unsweetened coconut and even a sprinkle of cacao nibs or chocolate chips are big-time winners, too!
Oh and if you’re into the whole meal prep thing, this recipe is a great one to double or even triple so you have breakfast ready to go multiple mornings in a row! If you give these maple pecan overnight oats a try, please report back and let me know what you think! I hope you love them as much as I do.
Maple Pecan Overnight OatsPrint
This recipe for Maple Pecan Overnight Oats is a deliciously wholesome prep-ahead breakfast recipe. Made with a base of old fashioned oats and crunchy pecans, it’s a simple recipe and the perfect vehicle for your favorite breakfast toppings.
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk + additional splash of milk in the morning
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3/4 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons plain or vanilla Greek yogurt (if using plain, you may wish to bump up the maple syrup in this recipe if you prefer sweeter oats)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl or mason jar, ensuring all of the oats have been coated in the milk.
- Cover and place the bowl in the refrigerator where the oats will soak overnight.
- In the morning, add a splash of milk and stir everything together again
- Top with additional chopped pecans, fresh berries, a drizzle of pecan butter or maple syrup, etc.
Keywords: overnight oats, overnight oats recipe, overnight oats recipes, easy breakfast recipes