Peanut butter and jelly go together like, well, peanut butter and jelly. With the exception of chocolate and peanut butter, I’m not sure a more delicious flavor combination exists on this planet. Sweet and salty come together in childhood flavor perfection in this recipe for peanut butter and jelly overnight oats.
I’ve been making overnight oats for years and love the way they are so incredibly versatile, allowing me to play with various flavor combinations and textures. I’ve shared a handful of peanut butter-based overnight oats recipes on the blog in the past – my peanut butter oatmeal cookie dough overnight oats are still a personal favorite – but I am not sure why it has taken me this long to add jelly to the mix!?
In the past, I’ve sweetened things up with a drizzle of maple syrup or a dash of honey, but the sweetness from a small spoonful of jelly added the perfect punch of strawberry flavor to this creamy and slightly chewy recipe.
Perhaps my favorite bites in this recipe were the spoonfuls that included doughy pieces of Van’s Foods PB&J sandwich bars, a soft, gluten-free whole grain bar made without any artificial ingredients, high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils.
I crumbled up one of the snack bars and stirred it into the oatmeal base, along with almond milk, chia seeds, peanut butter, a small spoonful of strawberry jelly and a scoop of Greek yogurt. I then covered the oats and refrigerated them overnight before topping them with freshly sliced strawberries, a few crumbles of the snack bar and a drizzle of peanut butter.
I prefer to enjoy my overnight oats cold right out of the refrigerator and will often eat a small serving of the overnight oats after my workout as a morning snack since they are easy to grab and include that punch of protein I’m looking for in a post-workout snack.
PB&J Overnight Oats (Gluten Free)
Makes one large serving
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oatmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (plus more in the morning, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon strawberry jelly
- 1/2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 Van’s Foods Strawberry PB&J sandwich bars, crumbled
- Fresh strawberries (for garnish)
- Place all ingredients (except for the fresh strawberries) together in a small bowl and stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir ingredients together, adding additional almond milk if desired to achieve preferred consistency, and top with fresh strawberries.
I hope my fellow peanut butter and jelly lovers enjoy this recipe as much as I did!