Last night, I did a little experimenting in the kitchen and prepared what I hoped would be a delicious, yet super easy breakfast bar that didn’t require any time in the oven.
The end result was a chocolaty, chewy and protein-packed bar that was ready for me to eat this morning without any effort at all. A great option for a go, go, go kind of morning!
These No Bake Breakfast Bars are chocolaty, chewy and a protein-packed bar that was ready for me to eat this morning without any effort at all. A great option for a go, go, go kind of morning!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons protein powder (I used chocolate)
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder (optional, but recommended for a more chocolaty flavor)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped or slivered nuts (I used almonds)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- Combine all ingredients except for almond milk. Stir everything together and add almond milk, one tablespoon at a time until everything is moistened but thick enough to shape into bars.
- Shape into bars and refrigerate overnight.
Keywords: breakfast, breakfast bar, no bake breakfast bar, protein bar, Recipes
Paired with a banana, this breakfast bar was one heck of an easy morning meal!
This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled or even quadrupled to make a giant batch of breakfast bars to last you through the week.
An important note: Use a protein powder that you love. From a flavor standpoint, I think Fitmixer chocolate milkshake protein powder is seriously delicious and I’ve heard fabulous things about the flavor of their vanilla milkshake protein powder, too. I’ve also used Ryan’s Optimum Nutrition 100 percent whey for years and like it as well, but we are both in the market for a quality protein powder with a better ingredient list (I’ve heard good things about SFH) and would love to hear your recommendations if you have any that you love!
Questions of the Morning
- Do you ever incorporate protein powder into your meals or smoothies?
- What is your favorite kind of protein powder?