Along with the frozen strawberries, I grabbed some frozen raspberries and took out my blender, determined to make a cold and creamy dessert.
I also had a can of coconut milk in the pantry and decided to give it a try, and the end result was a fantastic bowl of strawberry coconut soft serve!
Strawberry Coconut Soft ServePrint
This sweet frozen treat is perfect when you need a quick and healthy dessert but don’t want to go out to a fancy frozen yogurt shop. Pick your favorite frozen fruits, blend and enjoy!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk (plus more, if needed, to get everything moving)
- Tiny splash coconut extract
- Shredded coconut for garnish
- Combine strawberries, raspberries and coconut milk in a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy (several minutes).
- Add coconut extract to taste. (Note: Start with a very small amount and increase gradually. Coconut extract is very strong!)
- Scoop soft serve into a bowl and garnish with shredded coconut.
If you are a banana-lover, feel free to add half of a frozen banana (and likely a little more coconut milk) to the mix to make the soft serve even creamier! And if you’d rather not use coconut milk, you can easily use almond, soy or regular milk in its place, but, if you choose to do this, I would definitely add half of a frozen banana to keep the soft serve nice and creamy.