I created this workout to complete during Chase’s morning nap last week because I wanted a total body workout that would hit all the major muscle groups but still include a burst of high-intensity cardio to spike my heart rate.
Total Body Workout
You do need some equipment for this one – a set of dumbbells and a stability ball – but if you do not have access to a stability ball, I have provided alternate exercises below that do not require one.
The workout includes three blocks with an upper body, lower body, core and cardio exercise. Perform each one for one minute before moving immediately onto the next. Repeat each block for a total of three rounds before progressing to the next block. If you decide to give it a try, please let me know! And, as always, please be sure to listen to your body and rest as needed.
Picture demonstrations of all of the exercises found in this workout are included below. Please click the links provided for more detailed instructions to ensure proper form.
- bicep curls with 3-second pulse at the bottom
- plié dumbbell squat with 3-second pulse at the bottom
- squat jump with knee tuck (watching a video demo may be helpful with this one!)
Additional Total Body Workouts
- Killer Cardio Total Body Tabata Workout
- No Gym No Problem Workout
- Total Body Circuit Workout (with Core + Cardio Bonus)
- 60 Minute Boot Camp Workout
- 1000 Rep Workout
- 30 Minute Boot Camp Workout
You may also find additional total body workouts on my Total Body Workouts Pinterest Board!