Healthy comfort food in a bowl, this Crock Pot Coconut Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Stew is a warm and satisfying recipe. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner to serve when the temperatures outside dip below freezing.
When the temperature outside drops below 30 degrees there are few things that sound better than crock pot dinners. Not only are they warm and comforting, they’re also often simple, one-pot meals that make dinner a breeze. Today’s recipe for crock pot coconut chicken and cauliflower rice stew is one of those set-it-and-forget-it meals that comes together in a flash and then cooks nice and sloooow, allowing the flavors to develop and do their thang while you go about your day.
Aside from the simplicity of this recipe, my favorite thing about this easy stew is the fact that it’s absolutely veggie-packed but in no way does it taste like you’re diving into a big bowl of vegetable stew. The broth is creamy and satisfying thanks to a combination of coconut milk and butternut squash that morph together into a rich-tasting-but-still-healthy aromatic base.
Another important note for my fellow leftover lovers: This recipe tastes fantastic reheated for lunch the next day. YES.
Crock Pot Coconut Chicken and Cauliflower Rice StewPrint
- 4 large carrots, chopped into thick chunks
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste (or peeled and grated fresh ginger)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into thick chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 15-ounce package frozen pre-diced butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 12-ounces riced cauliflower
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of one lime (optional)
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker, top with carrots through chicken broth and stir everything together. Cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 7–8 hours).
- Stir in cauliflower rice and allow to cook for another 30-45 minutes, until cauliflower rice is tender.
- Top with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice, if desired.
Recipe inspired by Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken and Wild Rice Stew
Additional Soups/Stews/Broth Bowls to Try
- One Pot Chicken Cabbage Bowl with Sesame Ginger Broth
- Butternut Squash Soup (Vegan)
- Southwest Shrimp Soup
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Creamy Leek Soup
- Butternut Squash and White Bean Stew
Question of the Day
- Have you made any crock pot recipe winners lately? Please tell me about them and feel free to share any recipe links below so we can give them a try!