A bunch of you guys requested the recipes from that evening and after Chef Alyssa’s kind approval, I’m happy to be able to share the recipe for her mouth-watering gluten-free muffins on the blog today. (Note: The muffins are also Paleo-friendly without the chocolate chips.)
I must admit that I find most gluten-free baked goods a little too dense and not nearly as light and fluffy as typical baked foods, but these muffins break that stereotype and had the whole class raving! I think this may have been the first time I’ve baked with olive oil, and I’m wondering if that may be the key? I’m not sure, but whatever it is, these muffins are fantastic and would also make a great base recipe for gluten-free muffins that you can play around with and experiment with various additions like blueberries, dried cranberries and more.Print
These muffins are fantastic and would also make a great base recipe for gluten-free muffins that you can play around with and experiment with various additions like blueberries, dried cranberries and more.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces chocolate chips tossed in tapioca flour (this prevents the chocolate chips from falling to the bottom of the muffins)
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease or line the muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the next three ingredients.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and then fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon the muffin batter into the tins and bake for approximately 10 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are ready.
Keywords: gluten free, muffin, muffins, Paleo, Paleo recipes, Recipes
A quick tip from Chef Alyssa: Do not zest the orange all the way down to the white part of the peel. That will result in a bitter flavor. You just want to zest the very top layer of the orange for maximum orange flavor.
I hope you guys love these muffins as much as everyone from Chef Alyssa’s cooking class did back in January!