Typically I would prep a batch of overnight oats, but I wasn’t in the mood for them at all and decided to use the oatmeal we had on hand another way.
The end result was a batch of no-bake granola bars!
Nut butter + Oats + Honey
After microwaving the almond butter and honey in a microwave safe bowl, I stirred in the oats, ground flaxseed and a few mix-ins.
My add-ins of choice: Unsweetened shredded coconut, dried goji berries and chopped pecans.
Can you see how this recipe would be so easy to customize to your liking? Choose your favorite nut butter (I won’t judge you if you opt for Nutella, Biscoff or another kind of cookie butter) and then grab your favorite dried fruit, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, crushed pretzels or anything else that sounds like it would taste delicious in a granola bar.
I then transferred everything into a pan sprayed with cooking spray (just to help with easy removal) and pressed the oatmeal mixture down into the pan so everything stuck together. Then the pan went into the freezer for about 45 minutes before I cut the mixture up into granola bars.
I was shocked at just how delicious these bars tasted and enjoyed one for breakfast as well as an afternoon snack yesterday. I’m excited to play around with different combinations (I think a s’mores bar with mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and crushed graham crackers would be fabulous) and know this is a recipe that will resurface in our house many times in the future.
Choose your favorite nut butter (I won’t judge you if you opt for Nutella, Biscoff or another kind of cookie butter) and then grab your favorite dried fruit, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, crushed pretzels or anything else that sounds like it would taste delicious in a granola bar.
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used almond butter)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (I used goji berries)
- Microwave nut butter and honey until warm, approximately 30 seconds. Stir together.
- Stir oatmeal into the nut butter and honey.
- Add coconut, dried fruit and chopped nuts. Stir in the ground flaxseed.
- Press the mixture into a pan sprayed with cooking spray and freeze for 45 minutes.
- Cut into bars and enjoy. Store remaining bars in the refrigerator.
Keywords: breakfast, granola bars, no bake granola bar, no bake granola bars, Recipes, snacks
If you decide to give these granola bars a try, I hope you think they’re as delicious as I do!