If you feel the same way, I think you might want to give today’s breakfast recipe a try!
This recipe comes to you from my friend Caitlin who first told me about this recipe and promised me it tasted like a protein pancake. I was skeptical at first since the recipe is pretty basic and seems almost more like a sweet omelet than a protein pancake, but after one attempt, I was sold.
It sounds really funky, but if you like protein pancakes or if you’re looking for a protein pancake recipe that doesn’t incorporate dairy or protein powder, I encourage you to give it a go! I tried it out on my family last weekend and it got rave reviews from everyone.
Egg White and Oatmeal Protein Pancake
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 packet stevia or 2 teaspoons sugar or a couple of drops of liquid stevia (<- my preference)
- Cinnamon to taste (I use a lot of cinnamon!)
- Spray pan with cooking spray and heat over a medium high heat
- Stir all ingredients together until adequately combined and pour into pan
- When the pancake begins to turn white and the edges of the pancake begin to harden, flip and cook for another one to two minutes
- Top with syrup, nut butter, fresh fruit or slivered almonds and enjoy
Sometimes my pancake comes out looking more like scrambled eggs than a pancake, so don’t worry if that happens to you, too! The taste is still the same.
I ate my protein pancake after my morning workout at the gym.
Ryan and I headed out before dawn and I completed a workout that focused on my biceps, triceps and shoulders that looked a lot like this cardio arms workout. It was a good one!
Now I’m off to the gym again to start my work day!
Question of the Morning
- Do you like protein pancakes? What is your favorite way to make them?