While I absolutely love protein pancakes, the preparation process surrounding protein pancakes can sometimes deter me from making them in the morning. They’re definitely not hard to make, but sometimes that extra step of using an immersion blender and cleaning it is enough to make me shy away from cooking up a batch of the filling pancakes. These egg white and oatmeal protein pancakes eliminate that step completely and are simple, delicious, nutritious and filling!
This recipe comes to you from my friend Caitlin who first told me about this recipe and promised me it tasted like a protein pancake. I was skeptical at first since the recipe is pretty basic and seems almost more like a sweet omelet than a protein pancake, but after one attempt, I was sold.
It sounds really funky, but if you like protein pancakes or if you’re looking for a protein pancake recipe that doesn’t incorporate dairy or protein powder, I encourage you to give it a go! I’ve tried it with family and friends and it gets rave reviews from everyone. These egg white and oatmeal protein pancakes are perfect for the whole family.
Egg White and Oatmeal Protein PancakesPrint
An easy, delicious and protein-packed recipe, these egg white and oatmeal protein pancakes are made with simple, nutritious ingredients.
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/3 cup oats
- Sweetener of choice: 1 dropper-full liquid stevia (my preference), a splash of maple syrup or 2 teaspoons sugar
- Cinnamon to taste (I use a lot of cinnamon!)
- Spray pan with cooking spray and heat over a medium high heat
- Stir all ingredients together until adequately combined and pour into pan
- When the pancake begins to turn white and the edges of the pancake begin to harden, flip and cook for another one to two minutes
- Top with syrup, nut butter, fresh fruit or slivered almonds and enjoy
Liquid egg whites from a carton work best in this recipe.
Keywords: protein pancakes, breakfast recipes, oatmeal protein pancakes, oatmeal pancakes, protein pancake, dairy free, gluten free
Sometimes my pancake comes out looking more like scrambled eggs than a pancake, so don’t worry if that happens to you, too! The taste is still the same!